My trip to walmart

1. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:nono: No you enablers. I didn't buy any fish, but of course, I had to wander over to look at the bettas.

They had so many, 108 of them. I was surprised, all their cups were clean and they were very active and healthy looking.

I notice a young lady changing their water and feeding them.
    :) I thanked her for taking such good care of them. She's been changing every one's water every 3 days.

She told me they didn't order any Bettas but the corporation had sent them anyway. They spent a few days in a warehouse before being shipped. Once they get them, they can't send them back.
    The corporation had even sent bettas to stores that no longer carry fish.

She said she was going to do the best she could to keep everyone's cup clean.
    She had even taken some betta tanks and bowls (yuck, I know, but bigger than cups) off the shelves to give the bigger ones some room. She added a plant and some pretty marbles for substrate.
    It made me happy that she cared so much and was trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

This young lady, an enabler if I ever saw one, kept pointing out beautiful betta babies, picking up a cup and saying look at this one. :rolleyes:

With 11 tanks up and running, I really couldn't bring any home.

Anyway, a huge thank you to the girl working so hard to keep their cups and bowls clean.

2. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

That is an awesome story! I love hearing about the people who actually care about this beautiful fish enough to realize it needs food and clean water to survive...

Thanks for sharing Lucy!

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

DARN YOU!!!!!!!!!! teasing with that thread title:anim_35:

but I agree...faboo story ...:anim_19:

4. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

That is a great story, Lucy. You know ... you can get two bettas in a 10g tank ... I mean ... just something to think about. Squeezing just *one* more tank in gets you *two* more bettas! Thats a great return, there. LOL

5. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Haha Upright, you are the worst (or should that be best...) enabler (We have to buy it, it will die! and the above comment). Remind me never to tell you if I am even considering a new fish lol! :;laughing
    Well done to the girl at Walmart, great to hear that, I hope she keeps up her good work, sounds like she is enjoying it anyway as well.

6. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

I know ... I have a severe case of "I must save all of the bettas in the world." LOL.

7. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

good story, you almost made me believe the tittle... :giggle:

8. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

:D
    Nice to hear this sort of story. :)
    You may not have taken any home but that girl deserves a reward. :)

9. Omgami Member Member

I wish she worked at my WalMart. All the fish there would thank her from the bottoms of their gills. Lucky little WalMart Bettas, 108!

10. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

How great!!. It's awesome that the young lady was doing that, and it's awesome that you took the time to tell her so. I'm sure it meant a lot to her and let her know that someone else cared too!!. Maybe a letter to the manager is in order?? :;dk I just think it's awesome when we catch someone doing something great like that!!.

11. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Great idea Cesch, thanks! I didn't even think about it. I'll do that tomorrow. :)

12. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

:;banaman Hopefully they will catch on that good care of fish = happy customers.

13. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:rolleyes: Or she'll get in trouble for spending too much time actually taking care of the fish.

14. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

:eek: Hopefully not.

15. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Lucy. Such a nice story to hear.
    Ken

16. Diggly Well Known Member Member

Its nice to hear about people who realise fish arent expendable! so which one cant you stop thinking about ;) I find that when I see a few bettas one usually sticks in my mind and grates on me until I bring him/her home lol!

17. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Diggly, you're so bad! lol
    I just can't justify a another tank right now. I had to completely rearrange my living room just to get a Christmas tree in here!
    Husband was not a happy man. :nono: :;rl

18. Diggly Well Known Member Member

haha you know its true though!!!

19. lorabell Well Known Member Member

What a great Walmart story(for once)!!! I wish there were more like her in ALL the stores!!!!

20. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

What a lovely tale! 108 thats a lot? And one didn't come home with you! Nerves of steel!