My Trainer's New Horse!(now With Lots Of Pics!)

Abby565

My horse riding instructor just got a new horse that she imported from Germany! He is a 3 year old Westphalian eventing prospect. His name is Clooney 14, kind of a strange name I suppose. His barn name is Finn and he is the sweetest, most cuddly horse I have ever met. He acts like he wants to lay on your lap all the time, the problem with that is that he is huge! He is just over 17 hands. Also, he is beautiful, a dark bay with excellent conformation.

I would post pics, but I can't figure out how!

Accents

Wow! He does sound beautiful! (To post pics, you can take them with a phone and import them onto the computer, then click "upload a file" and just click the picture you want. If your typing from a phone, I guess just clicking "upload a file" would allow you to select pictures from gallery, but I've never uploaded from a phone so I'm not sure.)

Abby565

Finn.jpg

Aha! Did this work? It' not a great picture, his head and neck look huge! I'll try and get better pics tomorow when I go over

2211Nighthawk

Aha! Did this work? It' not a great picture, his head and neck look huge! I'll try and get better pics tomorow when I go over
My word he dose look big. Can you get a pic of someone standing beside him for us with a total lack of scale? Beautiful horse.

Accents

Yes! I have no idea what makes a horse a "good horse" (as in form. Do horses have form standards like fish?) but he certainly does look great!

Abby565

My word he dose look big. Can you get a pic of someone standing beside him for us with a total lack of scale? Beautiful horse.

Maybe, I have one with me next to him, but I don't really feel comfortable putting a picture of me on the internet(hence the reason why I don't use social media!) I will try to see if I can find one though!

Accents

You can try blurring out your face, but I don't know how to do that. Of course, if you're uncomfortable with pictures of yourself on the internet it's perfectly fine to decline posting them, but finding someone else is a great idea! What does 17 hands mean?

Abby565

Yes! I have no idea what makes a horse a "good horse" (as in form. Do horses have form standards like fish?) but he certainly does look great!

Yes they do! In the horse world, horses are judged by the way they are put together like their neck length, shoulder angle, leg straighteness, and amount of muscle. Of course, just having good conformation doesn't make a perfect horse, but it does reduce risk of unsoundness(umm I'm not good at explaining, but unsoundness is when a horse is injured)
22429967_1726311824341784_5846321921540489216_n.jpg
22639484_233642993835508_3405393115601698816_n.jpg

The first pic is from the side so you can see his overall balance and good conformation. Of course, you don't know how to judge conformation you can't tell!

The second is from when he was in Germany, from when he was younger and smaller, he is actually quite a bit bigger now if you can believe it! And I love those pics, he looks so fancy!

2211Nighthawk

Maybe, I have one with me next to him, but I don't really feel comfortable putting a picture of me on the internet(hence the reason why I don't use social media!) I will try to see if I can find one though!
I’m the same way. No problems at all. he’s a very handsome boy.

Accents

Wow! Thanks for the explanation! Although I can't really judge form in horses (or anything at all tbh), he is so pretty!

Abby565

You can try blurring out your face, but I don't know how to do that. Of course, if you're uncomfortable with pictures of yourself on the internet it's perfectly fine to decline posting them, but finding someone else is a great idea! What does 17 hands mean?

It is a measurementthat is used with horses.Every hand is 4 inches, so if the horse is 17 hands, then the horse is 68 inches tall at the withers( the bump at the top of the shoulder where it attaches to the neck. You can see it in the sideways picture of Finn) or about 5.6 feet. But that means his head and neck are even taller then that!

2211Nighthawk

Wow! Thanks for the explanation! Although I can't really judge form in horses (or anything at all tbh), he is so pretty!
4 legs, a tail, and a mane. Yep. It’s a horse. Or a lion.

Accents

Oh wow! he's huge! And yeah, although lions are also pretty cool imo! (2211Nighthawk)

Abby565

So I went to the barn today for my lesson!( My lesson was brutal!) I took some pics of the horses. This is kind of the extra barn, a short distance away from the main one. Its there because the main barn is completely full with horses, and this one is too. Finn gets to roam around not in a stall! He is enclosed by fences still, don't worry! Sorry it looks so messy, we need to scrub the metal fencing and it is very rainy currently, actually it is rainy all winter, spring and fall. I live near Seattle WA state! Only took pics of the horses at this barn, so I don't have one of my horse, he is at the other barn.

Clooney 14.jpg
Finny is interested in the camera!

Finny.jpg
An all-right pic

Finn pic.jpg
Deciding he doesn't like posing for the camera.

Finn 20.jpg
A fine pic

Josie.jpg
This is Josie, a horse I ride sometimes for her owner.

Spoon.jpg
Train, a young gelding who I've never ridden.

Bentley.jpg
Bentley, another young horse, but I do ride him for his owner.

Rory.jpg
And last but not least, Rory, my Trainer's other horse.

Accents

Wow, again! I hope your lessons are fun even though they're hard though... What is riding like? I've only done it twice over a year ago and never seriously. (Literally twice in my life years apart and for fun.) All the horses are beautiful!

Abby565

Riding is kinda hard to describe. Its exhilarating and calming at the same time. After a good ride, you just feel amazing and refreshed even though you have been exercising for an hour. You feel awed a lot the time because you are sitting on top of and directing a 1000 pound animal that could stomp on you or kick you any moment(not that any horse I know would do that!) The feeling of accomlishment after winning a class in a horse show, or training a young horse is insane. I wouldn't trade riding for anything in the entire world.
And that is why my lessons are still fun, even though my trainer makes me work super hard. Today she made me jump a grid of fences set decently high(like 2.9 with some a bit higher). Without stirrups.(the things you put your feet in) I'm really sore now!

LadyBoots

What do you ride? I do dressage

Abby565

I event!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• bassbonediva
  • Horse
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Shine
Replies