My Tanks (10g, 20g High And 36g Bowfront)

1. Genobreaker

Genobreaker Well Known Member Member

Going to restart updating my tanks. Hopefully I can keep it up more this time around.
    First with the 20g. Went through with rough times earlier this year and lost quite a few fish. Fast forward to now, think its finally on its way up. Rescaped and looks a lot better.
    Stock:
    1 Red Eye (Last remaining of a school, my oldest fish. Living his life out)
    1 CPD (Last remaining of a school. Lost the rest to something earlier this year. Cause not sure, but thinking the mild fall and winter which caused water temps to be higher caused their life span to shrink)
    4 Amano Shrimps
    1 Bolivian Ram (Female)
    1 Orange Fire Apistogramma Agassizii (Female)(Impulse buy. First time seeing them and couldn't resist as it was the only one Apisto and getting beaten up by a bunch of Bolivian Rams)
    1 Honey Gourami(Currently in a hospital tank for some bloating and fungus. Will be ready to come back soon)

Eventually will move the Ram and hope someday I can find a male Apisto. So future stocking planning:
    4 Amano Shrimps
    2 Orange Fire Apistogramma Agassizii
    1 Honey Gourami
    6-8 Schooling Fish (Thinking either Rummynose, Cardinal Tetras or Cherry Barbs. Leaning toward Rummynose)
    File_000.jpeg

2. vikingkirken

vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

Really nice looking layout! Well done! And I love how you got that shot with your ram hanging out right in the middle :D

3. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

IMG_2176 copy.jpg While the 20g is on its way up, 36g has not been good. Been battling algae (BBA and Cladophora) since late summer last year and the war has not gone well. Less light, raising light, less food, less fish, less frequent water changes hasn't helped much. Or at times it seemed to make the algae thrive more. Currently now doing more manual removal, started using a little bit of hydrogen peroxide and adding a bunch of fast growing plants in hopes to bring some balance.
    In addition, earlier this year something hit my stock as I lost all, but 1 of my Serpae Tetra and Celebes Rainbow. Also my Rainbow Cichlid committed suicide. Months later with many water changes and some meds haven't lost any fish or seen any signs of trouble. So that's 1 small good news.
    Stock will change as my schooling fish got decimated.
    Planned Stocking:
    1 Angelfish (Already have. Bought a Gold Marble Pearlscale since they were 1/2 price and couldn't resist. I know. I'm bad)
    1 Electric Blue Ram (Replace the Bolivian that I currently have)
    8 Aeneus Cories (Already have)
    5-6 Rainbowfish (Looking at Kamaka or Neon Dwarf. Leaning towards Kamaka if I can find one)
    *6-7 Rummynose (This is if I get the Neon Dwarf. Don't think I'll have space if I get Kamaka Rainbows though. Though I would love to have both Rummynose and rainbows)

4. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Thanks. She likes to hang around there a lot since she knows thats where the food will come down.

5. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Nice tanks :)

6. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Thank you.

7. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Some bad news and good news.
    Bad news: Found my Honey Gourami that's been in a hospital tank which I thought was ready to come back to the 20g dead today. :( Rip (Called him Taiyo G) IMGP5948-SKINOUE copy.JPG

Since he left, this has made me re-think more of the stocking plan.
    So thinking of possible choices
    -School of Rummynose Tetras
    -School of Cardinals
    -School of Cherry Barbs
    -School of Ember Tetras
    -1 Honey Gourami + 1 of the schooling fish above
    - 2-3 Honey Gouramis

For those that are reading this post, any thoughts on the plan above?

Good news: Forgot I had a $5 coupon for one of my LFS that'll expire very soon so will be planning to go buying something this weekend. Likely whatever I choose from the above choices and/or the Rainbows I'm eyeing for the 36g.

8. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

36g update:
    Most of the leaves on the blue hygro have fallen off and the stem looks very feeble. Is this just melting and it'll recover or actually dying and I'm in trouble?

b86d60b3786f32382bd12ae3d8189368.jpg

9. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Was at the lfs since I had a coupon that was about to expire. Couldn't decide on the schooling fish for the 20g (lol) so didn't buy any fish.

Instead bought some plants for 36g. Temple plant and water sprite. Usually I would just put plants straight into the tank, but this time I sprayed a little bit of hydrogen peroxide for disinfection and letting it sit in a bucket of tank water I pulled out this morning during a water change. Going to let it sit there till tomorrow afternoon and then rinse a little before putting it in the tank. It's a kind of a mini quarantine. 618114bc52c0f844a0c5b6aad4b8aff9.jpg

10. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Was at the lfs since I had a coupon that was about to expire. Couldn't decide on the schooling fish for the 20g (lol) so didn't buy any fish.

Instead bought some plants for 36g. Temple plant and water sprite. Usually I would just put plants straight into the tank, but this time I sprayed a little bit of hydrogen peroxide for disinfection and letting it sit in a bucket of tank water I pulled out this morning during a water change. Going to let it sit there till tomorrow afternoon and then rinse a little before putting it in the tank. It's a kind of a mini quarantine. 618114bc52c0f844a0c5b6aad4b8aff9.jpg

11. april_fish

april_fish Member Member

Aww! Sorry about your Honey Gourami :(

12. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Thanks @april_fish

Lost power an hour ago. Put hob filter of both tanks in a bucket of tank water. Hoping this outage won't last long. If it does, will have to pull out battery powered pumps.

13. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Update: Pulling out the battery operated air pumps. 1 is very weak and can only be used with an air stone with 1.5ft of tubing. It's the one in the photo. Also very loud. While on the other hand, the other one I have is a top fin brand and that one works fine and is much quieter. c20c11928b2d9a51224dbd665137f58f.jpg

14. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Power finally came back on about an hour ago. The rams seemed a little stressed in both tanks probably from the warmer temps.

In the 36, found one of the cories dead and another one missing. Though looking at how much the assassins snails "ate" him, seemed it died before the outage. So 1 likely casualty so far from this outage.

15. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Added the temple plant and water sprite to the 36g. Also a pic of the Angel. Finally got an ok shot since it never holds still when I'm in front of the tank. 6ea9365996160d9d693b59751238be91.jpg 1ca096f393066d985b4ab6c5fbef8b78.jpg

16. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Staurogyne repens looking like it's doing well in the 20g . a028494acdc72bcaa0b1a930ede195a5.jpg

17. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Rummynoses in the house in the 20g! (Only 4 visible in photo, 6 total) e6e0eb82b7ffda2ed48eeb919b5f6cbd.jpg

18. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

19. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Updates: Plants 20g seems to be doing well.
    Currently in at/hospital tank, have a male apisto which I am hoping can join the in the 20. (Of course the the ram will be rehired if it happens)
    Problem I have is the apisto got this white lump. Only thing I could find was some bacterial infection so treated with furan 2 which seemed to slow the growth or stop it. Now I've used up all the furan 2. Lump is still there and not sure what to do. Had this posted in the disease section, but didn't get much response.
    0be47ff4bd6f4b399d2b47685c491a93.jpg 0871262084dc6cc5d5495ac6c2b6138d.jpg 99459d8f9fd0845847cd58cd3937afd0.jpg

20. OP
    OP
    Genobreaker

Kamaka rainbows looking pretty good. a0e2a0a4c3bba3d102df42a445241fd5.jpg