my tank

1. cwb141 Member Member

Planted tank, remodeling overall look

29 gallons, Eclipse 3 filtration hood, 2 inches substrate.

I've had the tank since May now and have added the large piece of wood and replaced some plants in the last couple days. I have rummy-nose and cardinal tetras, a rainbow shark, and kuhli loaches. I love the large piece of wood because it is actually concave upwards underneath and forms a cave with multiple openings (couldn't catch that in a pic though).

I'm in the process of removing the (volcano?) rock and replacing it with wood. I'm also going to look into smaller substrate. I plan on buying a larger tank in January and really want to aquascape that, so this may become a holding/growing tank for me.

Attached Files:

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello CWB141 your tank sounds wonderful! Did I miss the thread of your photos? (teehee)
    Ken

Beautiful! :;perfect Thanks so much for sharing the photos with us!
    Ken

3. Bubba the Gump Member Member

you can never go wrong with driftwood scenery

4. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

It looks great! Changing its look can be very fun and challenging :) But why will you be changing the volcano rock? It looks nice. :D

5. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

You sound like an artist. Yes, where are the pictures?
    :;snail

Looks great.

:animal0068:Ken was here :) :;hi1

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello CWB. :animal0068: I have merged your posts as they go hand in hand.
    Ken

7. cwb141 Member Member

thanks aquarist. I'd rather have driftwood instead of volcano rock because I'm going for a tropical river effect and there aren't a lot of rough/volcano rocks in tropical rivers.

8. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

That's a very nice looking tank. I think driftwood would be a great addition! :) If you want to try different rocks, I once got some smooth river rocks from a garden center and they were very inexpensive. It was a nice look for my tank.

Your crypt spiralis (one of my favorite plants!) can be removed from the pot carefully. You can gently pull off the fuzzy stuff from the roots and plant the roots in the substrate... you'll be surprised how much the root system can grow when it is out of the pot and able to spread. :)

9. cwb141 Member Member

i took out two potted plants and their roots were halfway across the tank, i haven't moved the spiralis though