My Tank With New Otos!

MamaM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am posting photos of my tank pre-otos, and one of Fred & Rocky (named by my little girl--but I think Rocky is female!) my Otos I got today! I'll post a photo of the CLEAN tank once Fred & Rocky eat the algae!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just love to welcome new Otos, welcome Fred and Rocky...the tank is very lovely and I am sure that the otos will do a great job on the algae. That is their favorite food and they eat it quite well as long as they are not overfed the wafers.

They are darling little fish and I congratulate you on them.

Rose

MamaM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you!! Oh, and Fred has a little belly, too--I think he's a she also!

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Very cool MamaM! I want some Otos so bad!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Very nice Pics and oto's

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You need to worry if they do NOT have a little belly. That is the sign of a fairly healthy oto. Also their bellies should not have redness or red streaks. Pink is okay but not a hot fiery red or dark pink, that is a sign of infection.

The males are generally slender in form and the females are broader and perhaps a little longer.

Rose

MamaM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, since they are probably not full grown, I guess the jury's out on their gender! So maybe Fred & Rocky aren't both female (but their bellies are nice, whitish & round)...One IS longer, but could be older. Hmmm... Fred's been eating algae up a storm (and there is a lot to eat!), but Rocky's been hanging out in a corner near the top of the tank. He moves around sometimes, but is less active than Fred. I'm hoping it's just stress & the new surroundings (my water is great--just changed it, no nitrites, no ammonia & nitrates at 20). My water is slightly hard (150) and pH at 7.0 today. I plan to keep a close eye on it for the otos!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Your tank is so beautiful

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
wow - i lkove all ur fish and cute names! - also i like the colors of rocks u have! Miley

MamaM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks--I like the rocks, too!    They were all supposed to be purple (my favorite color) but 2 bags didn't seem enough, and I wasn't going to drive 20 miles one-way back to the fish store for more rocks right after I just got home (and kids to bed).  So I went to the store on base (AFB) and they had the natural colored ones...I thought they'd be okay, so that's what I have.  It works for me.  The really funky ones with lots of brown algae are glow-in-the-dark stones that my daughter wanted to get...I plan to take them out & do a really good cleaning soon (so Fred & Rocky don't have to!). 

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
cool looking tank-like the danios

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom