my tank (just starting)

1. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Here's my 10 gal. tank, the water is a little cloudy and I am still getting 2 or 3 more fish-

Attached Files:

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

oops too big

Attached Files:

• my tank (just starting)
      um.jpg
      File size:
      224.8 KB
      Views:
    • my tank (just starting)
      um.png
      File size:
      37.9 KB
      Views:

3. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

ug! still to big!

Attached Files:

4. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

i know, the decor is very unnatural, but my friend gave me the bridge and treasure thingy. :-\ Oh well.

5. joe Member Member

good tank!

6. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Very cool Emma :) What fish do you have in there? And how many? Just a suggestion - some more fake plants, or some low-light and easy to maintain live plants would give more hiding places for fish, which they'd really appreciate. Or maybe some caves instead of more plants. Anything that would provide the fish with hiding spots :)

I am curious how you have posted pictures this large on this website? I have tried to post my larger pictures but I would always get a message that my files are too large. So I don't understand it. How did you post your pictures? What is their size and resolution? Thanks :)

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Looks good!! don't worry about the decor if you like it. Great start and like Isabella said more plants would really make your fish happy. But always what ever makes you and your fish happy is what maters.
    Carol

8. rob2uk Member Member

You can get around the size limits by uploading the photo to www.imageshack.us and then hotlinking to it...

Also, have a look at this thread:

http://fishlore.com/Forum/index.php?topic=492.0

9. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

10. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks Rob. You mean, that I would have to post my large pictures on another website (which you have provided) and then post that website's link in my FishLore message/post?

Is there a way to put large pictures IN FishLore post? I see many people posting large pictures on FishLore, but I can't figure out how to do this. And they have these pictures ON FishLore, not on another website (with its link provided). Maybe I am misunderstanding something! Sorrie! (definitely not a computer whiz, lol)

My question mainly is: if you can somehow put these large pictures on FishLore by going to "Additional Options" (below the post window) and just browse your photos. This is how I always do it and can never upload anything larger. I also tried to click on "Insert Image" button (above the post window) but that didn't work at all.

Sorry if my questions are silly!

11. Jason Well Known Member Member

If you have a picture editor you can load it on that and save it for web, and you can reduce the file size. Then you can upload it onto the additional options.

12. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

I really like the colour of the gravel! It makes the colours of the fish look really strking ;)

13. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

thanks!

14. Jayson Initiate Member

Hey Gunnie,

Those caves made by your friend are interesting, but I was wondering if he or she made any in the form of circular caves, with pieces jutting out similar to a pile of rocks. I really want my tank to be and look natural.

Thanks

Jason S.

http://www.smokymountainaquarium.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=125[/url]

15. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

oh Emma how nice!! :D

Rose

16. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

hehehe i really need to post some upgraded pics, the 2 platies r gone and i now have 3 gorgeous guppies.... ;D