My tank has finally cycled

1. EmptyH Initiate Member

On behalf of me and especially my fish I would like to thank everyone on this board, my tank has finally cycled ;D, both Ammonia and Nitrites now read zero. When I started my tank about one month ago the only things I knew about fish were that they looked neat and I wanted some. I made every rookie mistake in the book. I overstocked my newly setup tank. I bought the cheap test strips. I didn't understand the Nitrogen Cycle.

Fortunately for my fish, I found this site shortly after I got them. I began reading and following the wonderful advice here and as a result I have had only one fatality, a small Danio that really didn't look that healthy from the beginning.

I truly enjoy this hobby and am anxious to add new fish to my tank and watch them grow and thrive.

Again I would like to thank all of you, not only for the advice you have given me but also for all of the great advice in all of the old post which has helped to keep my fish healthy and happy.

MTH

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Excellent!  If you add any more fish, please add them very slowly because you will be adding ammonia to your tank, and if you add too many at one time, you will probably have a mini cycle.  I'm so glad your tank is doing well!  I know you are already thinking of getting another tank, aren't you?

BWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yes we shall infect him ;)
    with MTS
    mwahahaha!

:D :D

4. EmptyH Initiate Member

Yep :) I probably will get another tank in a couple of months. Its amazing how relaxing and interesting it they are to watch. I might try a Cichlid tank for my next one. I really like their bright colors. I have definitely become hooked ;D.

5. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

They need labels on tanks saying: Caution! This product is extremely addictive. It is likely to result in lack of money. Please consider carefully before purchasing.
    I just finished stocking my 10g, but of course, what fishkeeper is without a Betta or two??

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

6. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :DAmen! Amen!