My tank and his fishes

Mark2002

It is not more uncomplex than humans'.

I had 1 rainbowfish and 2 blue mollies (male) at first. The rainbowfish would only followed the bigger blue mollies. When the mollies were firstly introduced to my tank, the rainbowfish would keep harassing that molly, making that molly struggled and grudged (A golden line would appear in the forehead of the rainbowfish and keep shaking when he is angry and harassing the fish) . This was more intensive in the night. Besides, once the molly #1 (Now I call the bigger blue molly as molly #1 and the smaller one as molly #2) adapted my tank, he became the most active member in my tank and is very unique in his personality (The only fish that would tuck into some narrow places, may sleep in the hiding place [Other wouldn't] and looking up just like he is curious). He is the most gluttonous one in my tank. Molly #2 has been already very weak at the beginning. He was barely active and died before scale protrusion at the end. As time goes by, the anger of Rainbowfish is greatly reduced, just only keep following the molly.

Then I introduced 4 more mollies, all are mainly black and white in color. The only new male molly = molly #3, completely black female molly = molly #4, mostly covered in black, some white and a little bit of orange female molly = Molly #5, and same as the previous one but with more white female molly = molly #6. In fact, they are not friendly at all as molly #3 is the bossiest fish in my tank ever. He kept "conducting domestic violence" to another 3 fish that came from the same time period, making them fearful. I wouldn't say so much and they passed away in order of #4, #5, #6. In fact the molly #3 was not directly hurting others, but just by causing anxiety to them. The molly #3 looks like friendly and active, but his real self is very violent. But surprisingly, molly #3 only had these violence to these females (Same color) and is still very friendly to molly #1 and the rainbowfish.

Not very far away from today, I also had some new guppies in my tank. One (Guppy #2) is already very weak and struggling at first, and disappeared in a few hours as he died (His corpse floated to top in next day). They in next day there are 2 guppy (Guppy #3, Guppy #4) disappeared in 2 days respectively even though they seemed to be very healthy. Just disappeared like they didn't ever exist in this tank. The only one survivor guppy #1 is very healthy, and keep adapting my tank (Not scared by me and other fishes). On the other hand, what I "thank" these guppies is that they killed most of my remaining molly fries. Just the first day guppies in my tank most of them disappeared and 1 - 2 dead fries were found. I called this is a "Massacre", and maybe the death of guppies is the karma. Hopefully there is still a survivor fry in my tank.

Lastly, I bought mollies again today. At least at this moment most of them are healthy except one (Molly #10) is inactive and shaking, which I am concerning. The completely white in color female one (Molly #7) is surprisingly active as today is just the first day, that she ate the flake food the molly #1 not ate in first few days. Another 2 orange one: 1 female (molly #8) is fine and 1 male (molly #9) is not as active as my expect. At this moment molly #3 is very friendly to them and now is sleeping/resting with them. Why I mention this? I realize the first day of #3 in my tank was already chasing others (Now I see #3 is mating with white molly #7 that he never be seen to do with the previous 3 mollies. What is this) ! Everything is fine, my tank has already achieved a balance that every fish is fine.

Blue molly is still living alone (Not sociable, indeed. But himself is very active), the Rainbowfish is still being friend with the blue molly. The black molly is now behaving, and the guppy will live alone with himself. A bunch of new fishes is going to give a new opportunity to the this tank to change. Everyone will have their stories and this is mine.

Feel free to share all memories of your tank you remember till today!

Mark2002

Yes. There is curse on my tank that female molly must die. Today 2 female molly #7 and #8 disappeared similar to those guppies. This is impossible. They are very active and no reason to die. (Not jumping out. I know their corpses are in the hiding place that I can't observe at all. But I don't to interfere the balance in the tank so I would not move the rock. Maybe I need to work harder to change the water.)

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
Replies
Views
Initiate
  • Question
  • Caterpie
  • Molly