my tank and fish I dont know

myssbehavin

Reaction score
this is my new tank I rescued from a neighbor. It had about 4" of black water in it when I got it. It has 2 of these fish pictured, a very sick danio that died when I cleaned the tank, a glass fish which also died, a HUGE pleco which is very alive and well, a swordtail fish and a black widow tetra which died too. I guess they liked the black water but the fish I have left are thriving. I cleaned it and dropped a bunch of smaller sized snails and bought 2 male guppies and 2 female guppies. Now my snails are missing or I am finding empty shells. What could be eating them? Is this a loach or a catfish? Anyone know?

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
That would be a type of corydoras. If the pleco is a common pleco, its going to be WAAAY too big for that tank. I would suggest finding another home for it, preferably at a fish store. Few hobbiests have tanks big enough for them.

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
It looks like a peppered cory, they like to be in groups. might want to think about getting a couple more. if you do just make sure you son't overstock your tank. Way to save all those fish... that was really nice..

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Your tank looks great! Yep, it's probably a peppered cory, and he needs a couple of friends. Get 2 more pepper corys if you can. They prefer their own species and will hang out together in a tighter group if they are all pepper corys. Cory cats don't eat snails, and neither do the plecos, so they must have just died. Cory cats will keep your gravel clean of food that sinks to the bottom. They are worth their weight in gold.

myssbehavin

Reaction score
I have 2 of those fish do I need more? They do tend to hide and hang out together. I have a smaller cory in another tank should I add him too? I dont know what kind he is but he is smaller and lighter in color then these pictured.
Thanks for the info though! ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom