My Sword Tail Is Not Well.. Need Help Pls

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sandhya karry said:
Hi all,

My Sword tail is not able to swim and just lying at the bottom of the tank ( it delivered babies 4 weeks ago) . I have attached few pics, pls have a look.

Thanks
Sandhya
It is possibly a swim bladder problem caused by an infection. I see it's somewhat bloated a little. Get it into a hospital tank. If you don't have one, you'll have to treat the whole tank. Since I can't tell if it's bacteria or parasites. You'll have to treat for both. You can safely use API General Cure for the parasites and ER Erythromycin for the bacteria. Remove all carbon from large before treatment unless all the carbon you have is inside a hob filter cartridge. After treatment, do ample water changes daily for 1 week, add back fresh carbon and resume normal water changing schedule after that.

Ziggythecat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Some Swordtails have a difficult birth. Sometimes they will die right after a large batch. She could have internal injuries that we can’t fix. This has happened to me a few times. Most of the time they don’t bounce back

Has she been like this since she gave birth? And sometimes they can just be constipated. Try some mashed peas if that’s the case

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom