My Stupid Mistake Funny

1. Heather M

Heather M Well Known Member Member

:-[I did the most stupid thing today that I thought everyone would find amusing. I got my first siphon gravel cleaner at Petco yesterday and decided to try it on my 10g betta tank today. I couldn't get the water to flow through at first, so I decided to try something I've seen my dad do when emptying the pool. I began to suck the water down through the hose with my mouth. Not one of my better ideas. It cane a lot faster than I thought it would and I got a huge mouthful of aquarium water. :;smack At least I didn't swallow it.;:barf I can't believe I did something so stupid. Oh well, it is pretty funny, I guess. I think my betta, Nelson, was laughing!

2. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

OMG thats funny AND disgusting. I'm a total germophobe. I'd be going to the hospital ASAP. LOL. :D

3. TFA101

TFA101 Well Known Member Member

I've done that many a time :rolleyes:

Not the best flavor in the world, but at least it's just tank water... could be worse... ever tasted Prime? not good... don't even ask how it happened :;laughing

4. OP
    OP
    Heather M

Heather M Well Known Member Member

As bad as Prime smells, I could only imagine!

5. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Eww!

Thanks for sharing lol :)

6. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

LOL!! I have had tank water in my mouth by accident so many times I am afraid to count!

7. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I thought tank water was like a beer bong :;toast lol......I drink it everyday and I'm not joking.....Not on purpose of course but I'm still alive .....:;toast

8. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

lol MM...I am right there too...I am afraid to use a syphon pump on the baby tank so I always start it "manually". The only one I use the pump on is the oscar tank...that is one mouthful of tank water I can happily do without!!

9. TFA101

TFA101 Well Known Member Member

I'll bet! ;D

10. D

David C Well Known Member Member

I've never started my siphon with my mouth, guess I'm weird. Watched a youtube video on how to start it and never looked back :)

Dave

11. Tigerlily

Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Me either... eww, yuck. There was a link to a video posted here showing how to start a siphon very easily. Perhaps someone (obviously not me) saved the link?

12. Romad

Romad Initiate Member

GAK!! I'd still be swigging mouthwash. ;:barf

13. Zoreta

Zoreta Member Member

I always do it by mouth, it's so much easier for me than dealing with getting enough water in the tube and then trying to cause a vacuum... I've gotten mouthfuls of tank water plenty of times before, I don't mind unless I have a canker sore.

14. CHoffman

CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

:;nw No kidding. I do the same thing on my smaller tanks. I always suck on the end of the tube and what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger. :p

15. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

16. DRock914

DRock914 Member Member

Haha I've done that too. When you're siphoning and stop to empty a bucket, make sure your hose is completely empty of water when you start up again because I always get that little amount of water left in the hose in my mouth lol. If you do use you siphon by sucking I would recommend putting your fingers around the outside of the tube and resting your lips on your fingers rather then on the tube.

17. f

fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Gag!!! Yuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkkk!!!

I thought once about syphoning my tank, then I came to the conclusion that it was NOT worth the risk. I would rather spend my time scooping the water out with my trusty cordial cup than risk tasting my fish water! :jawdrop:

18. G

GoGreen Well Known Member Member

:;laughing Aack! That is totally yuk! Yeah Nelson was probably laughing at you, or hoping that you didn't spit it back into the tank!