My Sterbai And False Julii Corydoras Are Breeding!

1. Over It Well Known Member Member

I have just witnessed my Female Sterbai Corydoras breeding with my male False Julii.
    This is the second time she's laid eggs in 4 days.
    My question is should I try and save them and hatch out the fry or should I leave them to be eaten?

I was thinking of putting them in my RCS tank ( water parameters are identical) and seeing if they hatch or not, but I don't wanna try if there is most likely going to be something wrong with the fry.

Has anyone ever had these 2 breed successfully before?

2. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I would let them be eaten, it's not a great idea to allow cory species to interbreed.

3. Over It Well Known Member Member

That's kinda what I was thinking. I don't have room for 30 Corydoras and I wouldn't want to give them away or sell them and then they get passed off as something they aren't. It's breaking my heart though as I would love to see if they could even hatch.

4. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

I would keep the hybrids to study them because Im curious but under no circumstances would I give any of them away. Only God knows what weird stuff can happen if you let your hybrids in the wrong hands.

5. Over It Well Known Member Member

Yep, that's what I'm worried about. I would be very upset if I paid for a Sterbai and got a mix or vice versa.
    I think I'll just let them get eaten, unless I decide to set up yet another tank and separate the 2 groups.