My Spoiled Betta Boys

janoue
Well I think my fish are spoiled. I started feeding them brine shrimp one day a week, and blood worms another, just a few as a special treat, and on the day inbetween pea's. Then I don't feed them for a day and then I give them my regular Omega One Betta pellets after their fast. They are so mad at me when I do this!!! They won't eat a thing now unless its bloodworms or brine shrimp. Did I spoil my boys?

COBettaCouple
The can get spoiled and bettas can be finicky eaters. They remember the good stuff.

0morrokh
Yup bettas can be way too smart for their own good...they've found out they can refuse the pellets and then they get yummier food. Try to get them to eat the pellets if you can, since they provide a balance of nutrition they may not get from just FD stuff.

COBettaCouple
Bettas will sometimes give in and eat pellets if you refuse to feed them anything else for a day or 2. You might have to clean up uneaten pellets as they can be stubborn. Soaking the pellets in a little bit of garlic juice or a garlic supplement can encourage them to eat the pellets if they continue to refuse them.

Tropical Passion
I can't believe I went out and spent quite a lot of money of freeze dried bloodworms and pellets for my Betta, and the only thing he seems to want to eat is frozen peas that probably cost 1/10 of a cent each!
Well that's Betta's for you...

ricktavious
My betta Andre will not eat pellets most of the time unless they are soaked in garlic guard....otherwise, he rejects them!!

Drea
Is regular garlic juice ok to soak pellets in?

ricktavious
Is regular garlic juice ok to soak pellets in?

Yes....in fact, several members here do that instead of garlic guard since th ere is not much difference in the two. Both have the taste bettas like and some extra vitamins that are good for them.

Drea
Great...thanks for the help

janoue
Thanks Guys!! Looks like i'm going out to buy me some garlic guard. My boys are too smart for their own good.

COBettaCouple
That's what we love about them. Our little Sora was the most finicky Betta and nothing would persuade him to eat something he didn't want. But he was the only Betta who would eat strawberries.
Thanks Guys!! Looks like i'm going out to buy me some garlic guard. My boys are too smart for their own good.

capekate
Strawberries! wow.... now that is a Betta with a gourmet taste. I am surprised that they actually like garlic. How is this? Its not a natural food for them... and its good for them too? Well... I feed my bettas the HikarI Betta Bio- Gold baby pellets. Lately they have had no interest in the brine shrimp, which they used to like. And bloodworms... sometimes they eat them. Guess they are just used to the bio-gold pellets. If the garlic is really good for their diet, I'm going to try soaking the pellets in garlic and see if they take them.

~ kate

COBettaCouple
These Bettas just like to keep us guessing, don't they?

janoue
Yup I tried the pelet thing again and ended up getting the turkey baster and sucking out the uneaten food. I don't want my babies to starve so I am going feed them some brine shrimp. They like food what can I say.

COBettaCouple
lol.. I wonder sometimes who's the boss when you own bettas.

armadillo
Mine really love thawed bloodworms, soaked in garlic guard. Good luck!

janoue
I hear ya

Mine really love thawed bloodworms, soaked in garlic guard. Good luck!

They will eat thawed bloodworms socked in nothing by the buckets if I let them. That's the problem. I try to feed them anything else and they are like :;kmg

voiceless_kat
They will eat thawed bloodworms socked in nothing by the buckets if I let them. That's the problem. I try to feed them anything else and they are like :;kmg

You have to admit, they are smart little fellers'!!!!
Keep trying with the pellets, perhaps by skipping a feeding time and then using the pellets??

Good luck! ( By the way, bettas can read you mind, you know!

Val

COBettaCouple
LOL.. Sometimes that works and sometimes they'll be stubborn like Sora, who would go days refusing anything not on his "list". ;D

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bettasXD
Top Bottom