My Splurge On A Betta Home...

1. Cheesewoman

Cheesewoman Member Member

I did something stupid...

I saw a Betta a few weeks ago in my LFS that was just... Let's just say he was for me.

Today I went and spent a LOT of money on a lovely tank for him, kitted out all out (see pic) and have started cycling...

I went to check in him at the LFS on the way back from buying all this stuff... He got sold 2 days ago... Whhhhyyy
    1527349599342.jpg

2. Fashooga

Fashooga Well Known Member Member

Well...at least you’ll be ready when you find the one.

3. OP
    OP
    Cheesewoman

I already got another one in mind, I love the tank hehe. Gone for a more cheeky aquascape...

4. midna

midna Member Member

aww, i'm sorry :( i'm sure you'll find another one that'll call out to you!

are those real or fake plants in the tank? they're very pretty! and the driftwood cave is super nice

5. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

The bubbler may be making too strong of a current for a Betta and may need to be turned down some.

6. OP
    OP
    Cheesewoman

True, I was contemplating swapping it out before I put him in there... Can I slow it down somehow?

Thank you! They're all real plants, I'm going to try and not kill them haha. The driftwood cave is made of 2 bits of wood, wanted to have areas he could hide away :)

7. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

You can put a gang valve (two or 3 outlets) in the airline and vent some of the air out through an unused outlet. Make your adjustments on the unused one and leave the one going to the bubbler fully open. You really don't want to just put a valve in the airline and close it off. That creates back pressure in the pump and can burn it out or rip the diaphragm. It will also make it noisier.