My Son's 40 Gallon Barb Tank

MONSTER GOBY

My tanks are always full of large predators,so when my boys grabbed a 40 breeder a couple years back they wanted a change of pace, so they purchased a few different barb species four of each except for a single roseline shark they got a few months back. They have been talking care of these guys all on there own they have lost two tiger barbs, two rosy barbs,and one gold barb.
0905192042.jpg
0905192042a.jpg
0905192042b.jpg
0905192042c.jpg
0905192042f.jpg
0905192042g.jpgthe remaining barbs are doing very well, and I actually enjoy watching there tank. I think they have inspired me to do some kind of barb tank maybe with larger barbs.

Momgoose56

My tanks are always full of large predators,so when my boys grabbed a 40 breeder a couple years back they wanted a change of pace, so they purchased a few different barb species four of each except for a single roseline shark they got a few months back. They have been talking care of these guys all on there own they have lost two tiger barbs, two rosy barbs,and one gold barb.
0905192042.jpg
0905192042a.jpg
0905192042b.jpg
0905192042c.jpg
0905192042f.jpg
0905192042g.jpgthe remaining barbs are doing very well, and I actually enjoy watching there tank. I think they have inspired me to do some kind of barb tank maybe with larger barbs.
Good job boys!
And Wow! Is that an antique filter you have in there? I remember those from 50 years ago! Do they still sell them?
Are your boys doing weekly water changes in that tank? It looks like it has suffered some major evaporation. If they haven't been doing so, weekly 50% water changes may cut down on their fish losses.

MONSTER GOBY

Good job boys!
And Wow! Is that an antique filter you have in there? I remember those from 50 years ago! Do they still sell them?
Are your boys doing weekly water changes in that tank? It looks like it has suffered some major evaporation. If they haven't been doing so, weekly 50% water changes may cut down on their fish losses.
No tank isn't on a regular schedule. Almost all the mom and pop stores sell those filters here, I have them in almost all my tanks, or sponge filters. They haven't lost fish in over a year, Tiger barbs were shaky from the start. These fish are doing great.

Also tank is never filled to the top so not as much evaporation as you think.

0904190613d.jpg
0904190612b.jpg
0904190612a.jpg I I love the old box filters, they work wonders for me.

Benfreshwater

Agreed barb's are great to watch I have rosy and gold barb's in with my golden Gouramis and I love there crazy attitude they don't stop going all day long.

MONSTER GOBY

Agreed barb's are great to watch I have rosy and gold barb's in with my golden Gouramis and I love there crazy attitude they don't stop going all day long.
Nice any photos of your tank

Benfreshwater

Nice any photos of your tank
That isn't a very good picture and the gold barb's are tiny babies (zoom in you'll be able to see a few) but you can see the Gouramis and rosy barb's. There very happy all the time
121311787.jpg

MONSTER GOBY

That isn't a very good picture and the gold barb's are tiny babies (zoom in you'll be able to see a few) but you can see the Gouramis and rosy barb's. There very happy all the time
121311787.jpg
Nice tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MommyGourami
  • Nikkikittu711
  • Barbs
Replies
Views
Rainy day
Replies