My Son Killed All My Fish

Natalya
My 4yr old poured every substance he could find in the house into my fish tanks. They are now dirty murky tanks with corpses of fish floating. I do not know how to react. I will not be getting any fish any time soon.

CrazyScienceTeacher
I’m so very sorry for your lost fish. I can’t imagine how heartbreaking this is.

tellin
That's dreadful! As mom of a four year old, I worry that my daughter will kill our fish one day too by overfeeding, so we have placed the food up high-- but my son keeps taking it down and leaving it around. I am terribly sorry. Little kids don't understand how bodies work.

goldface
Yikes! Sorry about your fish. I was that kid once. Perhaps I was even worse.

david1978
I was fortunate, when my kids were little they were scared the fish would bite them. They would of but that's besides the point. So sorry to hear.

Platylover
I'm so sorry. This is really horrible... I understand quitting for a bit, if something like this happened I'd likely take a break as well. Maybe once he's a few years older you can try again, that way it might be a little easier for him to understand that pouring things in the tank isn't a good idea(might be a fun parent/son project too).

NLindsey921
So glad my 4 year old ain't like that. She is scared of them. I told her if she touches the tank then the fish would eat her.

Goldiemom
Oh, how terrible. I am so sorry. Someday, this will be a story to tell his girlfriends but for now it is very sad. My son was 3 when he sprayed his Daddy’s car with a solvent that ate the paint. He said he was washing the car. They just don’t understand at that age.

J.Ho
Eeee... that's rough. Sorry for your loss.

bgclarke
Wow, sorry for your losses.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
juniperlea
Replies
Views
jmantilla
Replies
Views
kallililly1973