My son fed my poor betta!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by David C, Mar 17, 2010.

1. David CWell Known MemberMember

My 2yr old decided to help feed the fish. Half a can of food later, my poor betta is drowning in food. I've already begun the vacuuming regime and I'm monitoring ammonia levels, cleaner the filters regularly, but it sucks. All this while I'm dealing with my sick firefish too, just a bad day for fish in my house.

2. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

<HUGS>
    hehe
    blame the betta, even little kids know that starving look :p

3. Treefork

TreeforkWell Known MemberMember

I had the exact same thing happen about 2 weeks ago with my 3 y/o son. He fed my daughters 10 gallon community tank the whole can of food. My wife was able to get everything shut off and save my filter. Basically had to redo the whole tank though.

4. fishtroyWell Known MemberMember

Yikes! Poor betta he will have a round belly after all that food, when he gave the 'feed me' look he wasn't expecting quite that much! LOL :)

5. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Aw, poor guy, I bet he was loving it at first, then realised he had a marathon to get through it all! I hope you get on top of it and I would be hiding the fish food from now on haha!

6. OP
    OP
    D

David CWell Known MemberMember

I was hiding the fish food behind the tank, my son figured out how to stack stuff up so he can get over the tank to reach it. Time for a new idea. I've got it cleaned up and I'm doing twice daily water tests, hopefully I can stay on top of the inevitable ammonia spike.

Dave

7. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Ingenious, you have a smart kid!!
    Best of luck with the tanks (& a new hiding place). How about a bank vault?!

8. lyndra

lyndraValued MemberMember

Lol!! if you hide the food he might find something else to feed the poor hungry fishie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice