My snail is truly gay

ayeayeron

Okay so this is like the third thread I’ve made about my snail Cloud being gay, but I’m certain now.

For the sake of explaining the situation:
Cloud is the gay snail
Dusky is Cloud’s “boyfriend?”
Lilly is one of my other snails that is a female.

So Cloud has been constantly trying to mate with Dusky for months. So everybody knows, Dusky is a father. Dusky isn’t gay. Anyways, for awhile I though “Cloud is just frisky and since there’s no female here, hes trying to mate with dusky.”
But a few weeks ago I got another mystery snail, Lilly. Now Lilly hasn’t laid eggs, but I know how to sex mystery snails. I’ve gotten a good look inside her shell and I’m positive she’s a female. But Cloud has not once payed to Lilly. In fact, Dusky crawled over Lilly while Cloud was trying to mate with him.

So Cloud is gay. I’ve gotten comments about snails being able to change their gender, but Dusky hasn’t ever laid eggs, also I can still physically see his, uh, male part.

So that’s the story of my gay snail. Hope everyone enjoys lol

WilburTheGoldfish

Aren't snails hermaphrodites?

Upvote 0

CorydorasCats

Okay so this is like the third thread I’ve made about my snail Cloud being gay, but I’m certain now.

Cloud is the gay snail

So Cloud has been constantly trying to mate with Dusky for months. So everybody knows, Dusky is a father. Dusky isn’t gay. Anyways, for awhile I though “Cloud is just frisky and since there’s no female here, hes trying to mate with dusky.”
But a few weeks ago I got another mystery snail, Lilly. Now Lilly hasn’t laid eggs, but I know how to sex mystery snails. I’ve gotten a good look inside her shell and I’m positive she’s a female. But Cloud has not once payed to Lilly. In fact, Dusky crawled over Lilly while Cloud was trying to mate with him.

So Cloud is gay. I’ve gotten comments about snails being able to change their gender, but Dusky hasn’t ever laid eggs, also I can still physically see his, uh, male part.

Love this story hilarious

Upvote 0

JayAlva

Cloud is the gay snail

His shell his choice lol

Upvote 0

ayeayeron

Aren't snails hermaphrodites?
A lot of snails are, but Mystery snails are not.

Upvote 0

chromedome52

If "Dusky" is a male, why has he not yet mated with the new female? You claim to have two males and a female, but apparently neither male has fertilized the female. A few weeks may simply not be long enough, or their diet is lacking.

Upvote 0

ayeayeron

If "Dusky" is a male, why has he not yet mated with the new female? You claim to have two males and a female, but apparently neither male has fertilized the female. A few weeks may simply not be long enough, or their diet is lacking.
Well Dusky has tried to mount her, but she is young and fast and he is not. Dusky is very large and also very old, so he may not have much libido. I got him June 2019 when he was the size of a cherry. He is now the size of a small orange. Also, Cloud is almost always on Dusky.

Upvote 0

WilburTheGoldfish

Hey, Im in the ammonia phase of cycling and I wanted to know, whats better, 5 cherry shrimp or 10?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • ayeayeron
  • Snails
Replies
Views
Desi
  • LoneWanderer
  • Snails
Replies
Views