My small Rubber Lip Pleco is attacking!

Zartic

I've noticed recently but maybe it's been on going for a while but my pleco will only eat algea from the glass and my Betta will just mind it's own business and if he gets too close to my Pleco or even my Pleco will actively approach him and attack.

I can't have this happening. I just bought tons of real driftwood for him to eat but he hasn't touched it. He won't eat wafers, he won't eat zucchini or any other vegs. Just algea. My tank has a lot of it but still.

My Betta is scared just hiding in his cave.

I don't know why it's happening. Please help.
Those pictures are the result of my pleco

Attachments

• IMG_20210626_181055.jpg
    IMG_20210626_181055.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210626_181100.jpg
    IMG_20210626_181100.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 34

BigManAquatics

Plecos can get quite aggressive over their food.

Upvote 0

Zartic

Plecos can get quite aggressive over their food.
Do you think if I can get him to eat his wafers he'll stop?

Otherwise I need to return him to the store. Just can't have this.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Try putting the wafers in right before or after you turn the tank lights off for the night. Might be more interested in those at that time.

Upvote 0

Zartic

Try putting the wafers in right before or after you turn the tank lights off for the night. Might be more interested in those at that time.
Do you think it's because of food? I've had him for about a year I just don't understand what's changed.

I have my midnight light on for the aquarium I'll drop a wafer before bedtime. I don't want to return him to the store who knows what happens to him he's setup is pretty sweet right now :(
Thanks for helping

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

Possible cause is that most Rubberlips are more carnivorious than info tells and people think. It probably is hungry as
I would be grumpy as well.

Try shrimppellets, brineshrimp, bloodworms etc etc

Besides of that my Rubberlip chased my BN's and Corys now and then but didn't ever attack. A chase / push isn't attacking.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
  • Question
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda
Replies
Views