My Silvers Have Spots? Help Please | Page 2

Discussion in 'Silver Dollar Fish' started by Trele6, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Dave125g

Dave125gFishlore LegendMember

It depends on how advanced it is. If I catch ich early I put them in a QT at 87 degrees. In 3-4 days there all better. If there is multiple fish with loads of ich on there bodies that when I use rid-ich plus.

2. OP
    OP
    Trele6

Trele6New MemberMember

I asked about heat at my local store when I bought the medicine and the guy there didn't think my small guppies would be able to handle it.

3. OP
    OP
    Trele6

Trele6New MemberMember

Does this film around my dead platy mean something other than ICH is in my tank?

4. Discusluv

DiscusluvWell Known MemberMember

This is a fungus that collects on dead fish in the process of decomposition. You tend to see it when a fish is left in a tank after death for many hours.

5. OP
    OP
    Trele6

Trele6New MemberMember

So 8 fish have died since yesterday. I am now down to only 5 fish left. I've done a 50% water change and added the paraguard. Here's to hoping my last few get well and live.

6. Dave125g

Keeping my fingers crossed

7. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

He should be alright, as long as it doesn't go a degree higher.

8. OP
    OP
    Trele6

Trele6New MemberMember

Well it has been a bit since I updated because all of my fish but one have died.

My dalmatian Molly is still going strong. Actually this is the second killer ICH cycle through my tank that has taken almost 40 fish but my Molly has never once shown any signs of ICH. I'm wondering if it is immune/resistant?

I am still treating daily with the ParaGuard in hopes of riding my tank of ICH so I can restock at some point.

9. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I'm sorry to hear that.

Glad that your molly is doing well, and I agree on the ich. I'm not totally sure if a fish can be immune to those kinds of diseases, but it might be that she wasn't able to catch the disease, maybe she is immune, who knows?

Keep on treating with that, it helps with the spread of it, and keeps it at bay. I hope you can restock soon!

10. Dave125g

Some fish are just really healthy and don't get it. Its weird .