My siamese algae eater not eating

EpikTurtle

I have a new siamese algae eater but how would I feed it cucumber? They don't seem to register it as food.
And is this normal for these fish to do?
IMG_5471.jpg

Flyfisha

It’s quite normal for aquarium raised fish to not register zucchini as food at first .

Cucumber is one of the less desirable vegetables being mostly water .

I feed zucchini to tanks with BN plecos and find Siamese algae eaters to be only briefly interested in the vegetable for a few minutes before moving on. Some are slightly more interested once the vegetable has softened overnight.
I don’t boil or blanche vegetables to soften them, perhaps that might help?
i would not worry about a Siamese algae eater not eating zucchini as they eat almost anything else.

EpikTurtle

It’s quite normal for aquarium raised fish to not register zucchini as food at first .

Cucumber is one of the less desirable vegetables being mostly water .

I feed zucchini to tanks with BN plecos and find Siamese algae eaters to be only briefly interested in the vegetable for a few minutes before moving on. Some are slightly more interested once the vegetable has softened overnight.
I don’t boil or blanche vegetables to soften them, perhaps that might help?
i would not worry about a Siamese algae eater not eating zucchini as they eat almost anything else.
Uhh so what would I feed them? I tried algae wafers but they ignore them.

If my SAE doesn't eat those 2 then what do I feed them?

DirtyWater

Are they new fish to the tank? Or just stopped eating?

Hellfishguy

Mine always ate frozen brine shrimp and flakes, in addition to black brush algae.

EpikTurtle

New
Are they new fish to the tank? Or just stopped eating?
New fish.
Mine always ate frozen brine shrimp and flakes, in addition to black brush algae.
When you say flakes do you mean like goldfish flakes? I only have small bits of green algae and brown algae. I don't have a separate fridge to store frozen brine shrimp.

Hellfishguy

Standard tropical fish flake food - any brand will do. They’re not usually picky eaters.

EpikTurtle

Standard tropical fish flake food - any brand will do. They’re not usually picky eaters.
Alright I will get some when I can

EpikTurtle

I bought a Siamese algae eater about a week ago and they haven't ate anything. I've tried giving them pellets, zucchini, cucumber and algae wafers. My Ph is 7.5 and my temperature is 25 degrees celsius. Is anything wrong?

Flyfisha

Hi EpikTurtle,
Do you have nitrates in the tank water?
How old and how big is the tank?
How many Siamese algae eaters?
How big are they ?
What tank mates?
Sorry for all the questions.

Coradee

Several threads have been merged, please only create One thread per topic.

EpikTurtle

Hi EpikTurtle,
Do you have nitrates in the tank water?
How old and how big is the tank?
How many Siamese algae eaters?
How big are they ?
What tank mates?
Sorry for all the questions.
Hello,
The last time I tested, there was 0 nitrates.
The tank about a month old excluding the cycling period.
I have 1 siamese algae eater
They are about 5cm .
Only 3 danios and 1 rummy nose tetra.
Several threads have been merged, please only create One thread per topic.
Yes alright but this has been stressing me as they haven't been eating any of the foods as well as the abundant algae within the tank.

kallililly1973

Fluval bug bites algae wafers shrimp pellets omega one flake food.. our SAE go crazy for all of the above… give him a few days to settle in he will eat

EpikTurtle

Fluval bug bites algae wafers shrimp pellets omega one flake food.. our SAE go crazy for all of the above… give him a few days to settle in he will eat
Uh its been a week and I tried to sink pellets and they ignored it. If I put in the algae wafer, they just hide.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Andres391
Replies
Views
goldface
Replies
Views
holty2503
Replies
Views