My Shrimp Tank Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm still waiting to add shrimp nitrates have been consistent for a week (thanks to beneficial bacteria )and after a water change. Any suggestions on anything else before I need to add before adding shrimp. I'm not planning on adding shrimp until a month and a half. The only other fish I plan on housing with them is a small school of lambchop rasboras.
27164745_10155401775485888_7136780290819362574_o.jpg

OP
R

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok. I would add some moss (shrimplets and shrimp love to hide and pick from here) , and maybe some cholla wood (they go in there and it's really cool) and alder cones (cute mini pinecones). They make a great and cute addition to any tank.
Thanks, I just ordered some cholla wood and an intake tube, and will get some moss and spread it on there. Will these work well? How long will I need to boil these?

Adriana N

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
For the wood, just put it in hot water (change it daily) to remove the tannins in the wood (if you want). When the water clears, then it's good to go! It is normal for slime for fungus to grow on the wood. The shrimps can pick it off, but it will go away in time.

OP
R

Roxane0470

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would suggest to put a prefilter sponge on the filter intake so the baby and smaller shrimps won't be sucked.
I just ordered a prefilter sponge from Amazon should be here with the cholla wood by next week.

Also how big is the tank?
The tank is 10 gallons

I would add a lot more plants. The shrimp will pop out more.
Any other suggestions, Ive already got anarchis, and dwarf grass which I believe will spread out a bit. I also plan on putting some moss on the cholla wood when I get it next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom