My Shark Tank (55 Gal)

Icicle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my 55 gallon 'shark tank'.

There are alot of new plants in there today, as I had the opportunity recently to get some. However I unfortunately don't expect them all to last as I got them in a bundle, didn't know what they were and I'm sure I don't meet the requirements for them all.
Alas, nothing ventured nothing gained...
I have to try! Meanwhile, I have learnt that Dwarf Saggitaria at least likes my tank, so I have to keep my eyes open for some.
And I ordered some Java Fern about 2 or 3 weeks ago and hopefully it arrives alive and will do ok.
Ok ok, enough rambling, here's my little tank ....

49.jpg

Edit to add: I'm so proud of my three balas. They are so handsome I think! When I got them they were barely the size of minnows and they have grown and are so happy! My irridescent shark in the corner, that's pretty much all he does.. exist... he never swims around or does anything. And who knows where the catfish is hiding lol

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice. Is that all your going to put in the tank?
Tom

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Nice Icicle! looks good

Icicle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tom said:
Very nice. Is that all your going to put in the tank?
Tom
Yes it is.
The 3 balas can get to a foot (some say longer)
I have a pictus catfish in there that will get fairly large
and I have an irridescent shark that is not even supposed to be in there because he will get too big

So based on their upcoming adult sizes, nothing else will be going in but hopefully some better plants lol

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Nicely done. Where'd you order your plants from?

Icicle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Right now I've been trying a few different sellers on ebay. I have had some good luck and some not good luck. Rather hit or miss. But better than anything I could get locally here so I'm not really complaining.

I'll figure things out eventually.

I do know if nothing else my tank likes the dwarf sagitaria (sp?)

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Icicle said:
Right now I've been trying a few different sellers on ebay. I have had some good luck and some not good luck. Rather hit or miss. But better than anything I could get locally here so I'm not really complaining.

I'll figure things out eventually.

I do know if nothing else my tank likes the dwarf sagitaria (sp?)
I know the feeling.. all I can find here in our town are the bulbs that seem to only grow plants about 10% of the time and some half-dead plants at PetCo that cost more than they are worth so we know it's time to find some online. Good luck with your plants & sharks and keep posting pics of them as they get bigger. Sounds like you've got them growing nicely.

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool looking

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom