My Sardine Female Has A Big Fleshy Hole In Her Back And It Has Some Parasitic Worms Coming Out!

cichlid4life

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
4 years
I have had this tank for over 1 year and 3 months and my sardine cichlid female has a parasitic white colored worm coming out of a fleshy white hole. I will get a picture for you but I need to get immediate help because my fish had nothing when I came home for lunch and 4 hours later I come home from work, my female sardine had a gap in the flesh and three white worms sticking out of it!

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
It almost looks to me as if shes injured herself on something and ripped the skin open and the worm like things are loose skin. The injury looks to have happened to quick to be something eating the flesh
Is that a possibility ?

OP
cichlid4life

cichlid4life

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
4 years
it is a parasitic worm but you can't see the wormwith these pictures and I willm gert more lattwer.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry to hear that, it's done some damage in a short time, I hope someone else can come up with a solution as it's beyond me sorry, post a pic perhaps we can identify the parasite at least

OP
cichlid4life

cichlid4life

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
4 years
I don't know, but I do know that she has a lot of places on her body that looks to be injured or something and I am still getting her a qt.

dbjonesjr

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Hmm interesting angle as by that I am in agreement with Richie.

OP
cichlid4life

cichlid4life

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
4 years
I finally got a QT for her and she is very shy so I got only a few s that will hopefully help.

Attachments

dbjonesjr

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Still looks like that to me but you could probably try and treat her with something all inclusive that kills parasites.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Ian in the same frame of mind almost looks like she's been bullied but you can see a better picture than us, are any other fish effected?

OP
cichlid4life

cichlid4life

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
4 years
nope, she is the only fish in the whole tank, but not even any other female sardine cichlids have this.

OP
cichlid4life

cichlid4life

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
4 years
now I am starting to think it was just a bit of tissue or flesh that was stringy and was seeming to be a worm but now that I think about it, if I had a parasite my whole tank would be infested already, but my tank shows not even the slightest bit of exposed flesh.

New Threads