My roommate brought this home for his saltwater tank this week... Creepy.

_:lmcw:_

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Its an Arrow Crab... It looks like a huge creepy spider! Am I the only one who thinks so?

20130511_152154.jpg

llama roadkill

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I love arrow crabs! Probably one of my favorite inverts! I would get one in my 10, but I read that their legs get very long. Pretty cool, though!

windy

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love Arrow crabs too! they are great for bristle worm control, as well as looking creepy

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They scare me, lol. Especially when they get big. I occasionally have nightmares of big spiders, though, so...

DiscusFan

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just got mine, it's fun to watch since it hides in the corals and under the rocks. Compared to other crabs which dissappear once you release them in the tank, the arrow crab is actually great since you can find it in open spaces. It's quite responsive during feeding time and it's eating brine shrimps

Atomsk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sharon Sangston Degnan said:
Creepy, I love it. I have a question. I am setting up a fowlr tank, are there certain invertebrates i can have and some I cant? Does the salinity matter to the invertebrates, I mean I will have it about 1.024
You can mix any invertebrates that won't consider each other a food source in an aquarium. Mantis Shrimp and Bobbit Worms will attack other invertebrates and fish. Salinity should be between 1.021-1.025 for really any invertebrate.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom