My Refurbished 20 Gallon

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by benjaminBreaker, Mar 18, 2010.

1. benjaminBreaker

benjaminBreaker Valued Member Member

I spent all night getting this set up, I finally got it together, I finally redid my tank. THANK, GOD!!
    That water was sooo nasty, and no amount of w/c was going to fix it. So I went to Petsmart and got some new gravel, a few new plants, and some airstones. AND, I put in my home-made ornament, and it just looks so sexy...;)
    I'm running old filter media, waiting for it to cycle. Can't wait to put my fish back in! :D

DSC01167.JPG
    BEFORE
    DSC01168.JPG
    AFTER!! :D
    DSC01173.JPG

DSC01174.JPG

DSC01176.JPG

2. funkman262

funkman262 Well Known Member Member

Looks great man, but I'm kinda diggin' the skull from the before pic lol

3. Robin4

Robin4 Valued Member Member

Awesome tank - the new version looks brighter! I love the way you have the gravel - not just flat. Great idea to have "mounds" of it on the sides to hold in the plants. It really looks great :)

Robin

4. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

Thanks, I like the skull too...I'm thinking about putting it in my Betta's tank. But I would rather buy a new one than use that old one. The ich treatment turned it blue! :;dk

Thanks! The white gravel really does bring out the brightness of the lights, doesn't it! :)
    And I love how the gravel isn't flat. I think it looks boring when it is just flat. That is just substrait...This is aqua-scaping! :D

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

It looks fabulous! I miss the skull, too!

6. s

shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

Looks awesome :) I too like what you did with the gravel ;)

7. ColumbianShark3

ColumbianShark3 Valued Member Member

Very nice tank good setup

8. m

marina3 Valued Member Member

Very nice set up!!! I am sure you cant wait to add your fish...what are you planning to house?

9. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Looks a lot better. :;th

10. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

Thanks! I actually put fish in a long time ago. My battery is about to die and I can't find my camera, but I'll put up some pics and the fish details in a bit. :D

11. redlessi

redlessi Well Known Member Member

I like it, if you add a dark background the white gravel would really pop!!!!!

12. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

Yeah, that's a good idea. What do you think, blue or black? I'm thinking black.

As for the issue with the camera, my sister is being a royal pain in the buttocks, and won't let me near the camera for fear of me destroying her track meet's footage...DURR, even though I know more about that camera than she would ever hope to know.
    Whatever, enough venting. No pics yet, sorry.

As for the fish, I have 4 red wag platies, 2 glass fish, and I had 2 black mollies, but as of today I have 4 black mollies, and 4 dalmatian mollies! :D I also got a new cichlid for my cichlid tank!

Anyway, I'll get those pics up ASAP... :/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice