My Refurbished 20 Gallon

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by BennyB, Mar 18, 2010.

1. BennyB

BennyBValued MemberMember

I spent all night getting this set up, I finally got it together, I finally redid my tank. THANK, GOD!!
    That water was sooo nasty, and no amount of w/c was going to fix it. So I went to Petsmart and got some new gravel, a few new plants, and some airstones. AND, I put in my home-made ornament, and it just looks so sexy...;)
    I'm running old filter media, waiting for it to cycle. Can't wait to put my fish back in! :D

DSC01167.JPG
    BEFORE
    DSC01168.JPG
    AFTER!! :D
    DSC01173.JPG

DSC01174.JPG

DSC01176.JPG

2. funkman262

funkman262Well Known MemberMember

Looks great man, but I'm kinda diggin' the skull from the before pic lol

3. Robin4

Robin4Valued MemberMember

Awesome tank - the new version looks brighter! I love the way you have the gravel - not just flat. Great idea to have "mounds" of it on the sides to hold in the plants. It really looks great :)

Robin

4. OP
    OP
    BennyB

Thanks, I like the skull too...I'm thinking about putting it in my Betta's tank. But I would rather buy a new one than use that old one. The ich treatment turned it blue! :;dk

Thanks! The white gravel really does bring out the brightness of the lights, doesn't it! :)
    And I love how the gravel isn't flat. I think it looks boring when it is just flat. That is just substrait...This is aqua-scaping! :D

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

It looks fabulous! I miss the skull, too!

6. shellbell4ever

shellbell4everWell Known MemberMember

Looks awesome :) I too like what you did with the gravel ;)

7. ColumbianShark3

ColumbianShark3Valued MemberMember

Very nice tank good setup

8. marina3

marina3Valued MemberMember

Very nice set up!!! I am sure you cant wait to add your fish...what are you planning to house?

9. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

Looks a lot better. :;th

10. OP
    OP
    BennyB

Thanks! I actually put fish in a long time ago. My battery is about to die and I can't find my camera, but I'll put up some pics and the fish details in a bit. :D

11. redlessi

redlessiWell Known MemberMember

I like it, if you add a dark background the white gravel would really pop!!!!!

12. OP
    OP
    BennyB

Yeah, that's a good idea. What do you think, blue or black? I'm thinking black.

As for the issue with the camera, my sister is being a royal pain in the buttocks, and won't let me near the camera for fear of me destroying her track meet's footage...DURR, even though I know more about that camera than she would ever hope to know.
    Whatever, enough venting. No pics yet, sorry.

As for the fish, I have 4 red wag platies, 2 glass fish, and I had 2 black mollies, but as of today I have 4 black mollies, and 4 dalmatian mollies! :D I also got a new cichlid for my cichlid tank!

Anyway, I'll get those pics up ASAP... :/