My redcap oranda is sick

1. k

krishjadu New Member Member

Weeks ago I noticed that my red cap was very sick. Then I noticed it had rot fin. So I kept it in another tank now. It was only swimming upside down. But now swimming in proper position. And seems the fin rot has also stop. You will see a picture where it had nearly no tails. The tails are growing now.

Now I notice that it has white spots on its wen and the tails are becoming dark.

The fish was not eating at first but now it is eating.

Someone will know what is happening and how I can treat that?

BEFORE

[​IMG]

NOW:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

3. Mom2some

Mom2some Well Known Member Member

Poor fishy! Amazing it can regrow after so much tail loss. No suggestions, just stopping by.

4. OP
    OP
    k

No tankmates. I have separated it. Previously it was with 2 goldfish and 1 angel.

Now the tank is 5 litres and it is alone

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

5 liters is too small, even for a quarantine tank. Can you get a large one, one that you can add a filter to and do large, frequent changes? Keeping it in a 5 liter bowl won't help it heal - it's too small of a space.

What size tank was it in with the goldfish and angel (temp incompatible, by the way)?

Do you have the water parameters (listed above) for the main tank?

6. OP
    OP
    k

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guy is happy those days

7. r

rcordova233 Well Known Member Member

A betta cant even go into a 5 litre tank. Please give it a bigger tank. The fin rot was caused by this. It doesn't even look like a tail anymore....

His spine looks bent as well