The girls home
clear.gif

Attachments

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They're so cute! My sister has a rat too, and he is so gentle and loving - he will lick your hands when you take him I love him

Your rats have a large home I wonder if you ever tried letting them run/hide in the wood chippings? All rodents love any paper or wood chippings - they love to play and sleep in them. Try this with your rats - they'll love it. And it is much more comfortable than metal crates.

Alasse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Isabella said:
They're so cute! My sister has a rat too, and he is so gentle and loving - he will lick your hands when you take him I love him

Your rats have a large home I wonder if you ever tried letting them run/hide in the wood chippings? All rodents love any paper or wood chippings - they love to play and sleep in them. Try this with your rats - they'll love it. And it is much more comfortable than metal crates.
I give them paper to rip up and play in...the only bit of metal grid is half the base.....they use that as their litter box...it keeps them up out of their mess....the rest is all covered with carboard or lino

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
All righty

My sister has a glass tank for her rat. She uses wood chippings. She has to change everything about 2 times a week (1 time a week being the maximum amount of time without changes), because if she doesn't, the smell won't exactly be too nice ... lol

Alasse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine were in a tank...was too small for them as they grew and was getting hard to keep clean...i got the cage for them so they had more room and so i could decorate it better for them...they love climbing the bars and relaxing on all the levels. Much easier to clean keep too *L* I wipe it out every 3 days and do a complete clean every 2 weeks.

What type of wood shavings does your sister use? If it is pine it must be kiln dried (removes phenols)....if it is normal pine or cedar it is not good at all for rodents to be housed on

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about pet rats but they're illegal to have as pets in my province. Yours look friendly and intelligent.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow....a lot of rodents.

Newtankdude

Valued Member
Reaction score
EEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol....they must be colored Albinos, they got red eyes. ;D lol.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Aww, they're so cute!! I've always wanted rats, but my mother isn't to crazy about the idea. What spoiled little guys, to have such a huge cage!

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
my friend had 2 rats frodo and sam but sam i think died

Peace Out Callum!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom