My RAMs

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Beautiful Rams. I loved them when I kept them. They can have such attitude at times. Like they don't know their little LOL
Carol

OP
LarryDavid

LarryDavid

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks dude, the only problem with them is that they keep on attacking each other when ever they see one another, The tank is big so this only happens now and then..Do you think this suggests there both that of the same sex or are all rams like this to one another, there very peaceful to the other fish

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Two males will spar occasionally, that's why I said they had attitude
Carol

OP
LarryDavid

LarryDavid

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah haha exactly

Ill hopefully get more pics of them its very rare and I was very lucky to get these pics as they are never at the front usually

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Chris, your Rams are BEAUTIFUL I love this species They're the German Blue type, right?

Anyone knows how to distinguish between a male and a female Ram? Males are supposed to have a more vivid coloration, right? Any other way(s) to distinguish them?

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI ive got a pair, I wanted 2 females only because the males are teratortal and will fight to pretect it, but I have found out I have a male and female .The male is more colourful and his analfin is more pointed than the female and when she is ready to spwan her belly will go pinkish and I was reading some where that the bule scales that are in the black band have some thing to do with sexing them but I can't rember what it said sorry .

OP
LarryDavid

LarryDavid

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm pretty sure that there 2 males...
Which is getting to be a problem now as they are getting more violent with one another...Looks like I will have to take one back and maybe exchange for a female if they have any

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That sounds like a good idea ,but try to get another female so he has 2, because they can hassle a female so much they die of stress.

New Threads