My Progress!!! Hehehe

JGoldinger

Reaction score
Ok first post would be of the tank nothing in it! I am ecxcited to see what i can come up with!!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Woo that will be interesting!
Are you gonna get some live rock? If so you could get some really long pieces of the tonga branch coral and have like a forest of them up the back...
just an idea! hehe

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sweet hex also!! ;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sweet looking tank

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice.
Tom

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
did you buy your anemone local or online? we'd like to find some good sources for things like anemone, coral and live rock.

tank looks great btw.. how many fish are in it now?

JGoldinger

Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
did you buy your anemone local or online?  we'd like to find some good sources for things like anemone, coral and live rock.

tank looks great btw.. how many fish are in it now?
I bought them both locally. We are blessed to have so many lfs around here dedicated to saltwater it is nice.

Fish
1 Clarkii Clown Fish
1 Yellow Tang
1 Blue Hippo Tang
3 Pajama Cardinal Fish
1 Royal Grama
1 Spotted Watchman Goby
1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Velvet Damsel (about to leave)
2 Blue Damsels (about to leave)
1 Pin Cushion Urchin
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
1 Condalayctus Anemone
1 Leather Frag
3 Small Zoo Colondy's Orange Blue and Green
3 Umbrlla Mushroom Polyps
1 Kenya Tree Frag
1 Large Snake Zoo frag
1 4 Headed frogspawn

AND one 125 GALLON TANK ON THE WAY!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
JGoldinger said:
I bought them both locally. We are blessed to have so many lfs around here dedicated to saltwater it is nice.
That is an excellent thing. I want to find one within driving distance when we do start getting into saltwater. We're envious of your LFS and all the great aquatic life that you have. sounds like a great setup, especially with a 125g on the way.

Terry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Looking good! I saw a really nice purple tipped anemone at my Petco, only $6, and even though my tank is too new I was tempted - till I noticed that the tank had a ton of Aiptasia in it. Those I don't want to get in my tank if I can avoid it, although the peppermint shrimp I have will hopefully eat them if they do show up.

Terry

JGoldinger

Reaction score
I use www.saltwaterfish.com for a majority of my fish purchase's they have anemone's on there for 7.99 i believe only problem is you have to have a 80 order to buy anything. We have a local marine aquarium club that i put group buys together for so thats how i do it. We all split the shipping and we usually get the min. order req.

Terry

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you've had success with saltwaterfish.com. I haven't heard very many good things about them as far as getting livestock that's died in shipment or arrived with disease. Liveaquaria.com has had a lot of good reviews, and supposedly they have good customer service & honor their guarantee on things arriving alive & in good condition. I haven't ordered any livestock online yet, but I've been tempted. May eventually order some corals.

altitude

Reaction score
i like the tank
cool lookin anenome

JGoldinger

Reaction score
Some more under the led's

Still trying to figure out the camera though!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
that looks great!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks great. Just wondering, how much is that rock leaning against the back wall if at all.

I know how you feel about the Saltwater stores, I have one dedicated to Saltwater by me with all Saltwater, staff is friendly too, and reasonable prices with several display tanks so you can see how big things get and everything. Hopefully you guys can find one. Like Jgoldfinger said local clubs are great too, I hope to go to one by me this summer.

JGoldinger

Reaction score
atmmachine said:
Looks great.  Just wondering, how much is that rock leaning against the back wall if at all.

I know how you feel about the Saltwater stores, I have one dedicated to Saltwater by me with all Saltwater, staff is friendly too, and reasonable prices with several display tanks so you can see how big things get and everything.  Hopefully you guys can find one.  Like Jgoldfinger said local clubs are great too, I hope to go to one by me this summer.
A few pieces up on the top that i just added not pictured are leaning on the wall but other then that none. Its set up to be stable and have caves for the fish to swim in. When you have a hex with a black acrlyic back you dont have many aquascaping options.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Great idea to show pics of each stage. Makes for nice memories.

Good that your tank is close to your bed. That way, it's the last thing you see at night before going to sleep.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom