My Pregnant Ballon Molly Died

Discussion in 'Molly' started by Youngfishgirl, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Youngfishgirl

Youngfishgirl New Member Member

my ballon Molly was swimming perfectly last night this morning when I woke up to feed her she was all white and stuck at the bottom of the tank I did notice a bit of dark colors coming back to her skin a few days ago.I think she died of ammonia poisoning I am going to do a 100% water change and move them to larger tank while I run the nitrogen cycle I do know this is my fault. She was In a tank with 8 other fish I recently added another fish to the tank but I don't know.WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN? I feel really bad please help

Attached Files:

2. _IceFyre_

_IceFyre_ Well Known Member Member

Sorry for your loss.
    How often do you change the water, how much do you change, and how big is the tank? It looks really tiny. Balloon mollies should ideally have at least 29 gallons.

3. OP
    OP
    Youngfishgirl

Youngfishgirl New Member Member

I don't know it's really small 3 gallons I think it's just temporary I did a full water change two days ago

4. _IceFyre_

_IceFyre_ Well Known Member Member

Ok, mollies are big waste producers and with 8 other fish in the tank you are extremely overstocked. I agree that it was probably ammonia poisoning. Until you can get them a bigger tank of 29 gallons or more or rehome them, you should be doing 75% water changes every other day with Seachem Prime to help protect your fish from the ammonia.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice