Funny My Poor Husband...AKA, New Tank!

EmiliyaCossack

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I bet he's regretting taking me on his week long business trip.

IMG_20200205_122338108.jpg
IMG_20200205_122456043.jpg

To be fair, since it's a long I'll sell my twenty tall and put this in it's place. They literally do NOT sell twenty longs where I live and I'm so excited to get my hands on one, and I bought it with a glass lid and everything for $60 bucks. Now to transport it for ten hours ontop of everything else we have to pack... ;)

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Very nice! And the cat likes it too

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Not sure on your particular husband but with my wife she got used to 55 gallon tanks showing up in the back of my truck. So he should feel fortunate its only a 20 long.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That looks like a 2 cat tank ?
I am not sure 2 cats equal 20 g ..Maybe cats work out different long compared to tall?

Rev

Well Known
Reaction score
coralbandit said:
I am not sure 2 cats equal 20 g ..Maybe cats work out different long compared to tall?
Cats are a fluid you could probably fit 4 in there easy

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
coralbandit said:
I think we decided a cat equals only a gallon. The avarage cat weighs 8 pounds. So......

OP
EmiliyaCossack

EmiliyaCossack

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
david1978 said:
Not sure on your particular husband but with my wife she got used to 55 gallon tanks showing up in the back of my truck. So he should feel fortunate its only a 20 long.
The thing is, my husband is very supportive of me getting new tanks... And I bet he's gonna come to me in about a month or two and say, "You know how I let you get that new tank in didn't pitch a fit about it and how nice I was? So there's this tractor..." :p

I KNOW that's coming up soon enough xD

Morpheus1967 said:
That catfish is going to outgrow that tank in no time.
Good thing she has a 55 gallon dog kennel she shares with the dog to grow into. :p:D

coralbandit said:
Nah it's just the angle, she's a 3/4th of a gallon sized cat, just happened to be standing on the lid inside. Like Rev said, she's fluid so lots more of her could fit. XD

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hahaha. Yea I have had a few things just show up over the years. One was a backhoe. A few trucks. Yea its all good. I went out one day. Left with a 1979 thunderbird. Came home with a 1995 f150. It was 1996.

OP
EmiliyaCossack

EmiliyaCossack

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
david1978 said:
Hahaha. Yea I have had a few things just show up over the years. One was a backhoe. A few trucks. Yea its all good. I went out one day. Left with a 1979 thunderbird. Came home with a 1995 f150. It was 1996.
See, at least you swap your stuff. My husband is very attached to anything he brings home. He is a collector, not a trader... I don't know if this is allowed to be said on the forum, but you should see his firearm collection I think he's up to ten, not including my rifle. (hope that doesn't bother anyone that I mentioned it, we're from Idaho, it's part of our way of life.) I love him so dearly, it's hard to convince him to part with his treasures when we're cleaning. XD

He would totally bring home a backhoe if he thought he could get away with it...

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Only 10. Yea I have more then that. Let alone my pistols. My wife said she would shoot her self so I had to get them out of the house. She loved shooting my 303 savage. It was well over a dollar a shot.

OP
EmiliyaCossack

EmiliyaCossack

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
david1978 said:
Only 10. Yea I have more then that. Let alone my pistols. My wife said she would shoot her self so I had to get them out of the house. She loved shooting my 303 savage. It was well over a dollar a shot.
Keep in mind that we're a young married couple in our early twenties, he still has years to add to his collection! XD and boy is he working on it! XD

Rev

Well Known
Reaction score
EmiliyaCossack said:
Keep in mind that we're a young married couple in our early twenties, he still has years to add to his collection! XD and boy is he working on it! XD
Good luck with the next 50 years and your dwindling storage space XD

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
EmiliyaCossack said:
I was married 10 days when I left home with a 79 thunderbird and came home with a 95 f150.

OP
EmiliyaCossack

EmiliyaCossack

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Rev said:
Good luck with the next 50 years and your dwindling storage space XD
I shudder to think. ;) But we're farming folk so I'm pretty sure when we can afford the property we're hoping for a shop will be built quickly.

david1978 said:
I was married 10 days when I left home with a 79 thunderbird and came home with a 95 f150.
Your wife is a saint.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
EmiliyaCossack said:
I shudder to think. ;) But we're farming folk so I'm pretty sure when we can afford the property we're hoping for a shop will be built quickly.

Your wife is a saint.
It was 1996. Yep with a 20,0000 loan.

MedicMike

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What’s the general rule here? Is it still 1 gal/ 1 inch of catfish? Do catfish like this have different rules? Things that make you wonder...

New Threads