My poor beta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by bellabean, Apr 5, 2012.

1. bellabeanValued MemberMember

So after months of being in a bowl I felt sobad I ran out and bought a fish tank (2.5g) for the beta. It's the biggest I could get for he space left in my house. I set up the tank and used theold media from one of my other tanks, etc.

I placed the betta (Coral) in the tank today.
    She (actually a he apparently but my 8yr old disagrees. LOL) was fine. Then it started to get stuck the the filter so I unplugged it. There is no injuries but I did notice strange marks on his head. Little grey spots.

I don't know the age of this betta. I've had it for a year already.

Looks like this photo (this is not my betta) ...

Attached Files:

2. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy LubianetskyWell Known MemberMember

Betta Injury

:;bettaHandsome little guy. As long as it is not white fungusy spots I would not worry too much. Maybe he banged hip head on some of the decor or the filter? Maybe if you could post a picture close up of the injury. I am sure he will be so much happier with a little more elbow room.:;betta2

3. OP
    OP
    b

bellabeanValued MemberMember

That one is not mine ...
    Problem is I can't turn the filter on as it gets stuck to it.
    Will try to get a photo of mine

4. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Do you have an extra filter sponge lying around?
    Aqua Clear sponges work well.
    Cut a slit in it and slip it over the intake like a sleeve.

You can use clean never seen soap panty hose to cover the intake but I find it gets sucked too tight to the intake and slows the current.

Could be since he was in such a small place he just needs to build up his muscles a bit.

Were the gray spots there before he had an argument with the intake?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice