My 'ponies'

Shine

I've said I was going to put up pics of my 'ponies' a while back and never did it... well, better late then never I suppose

Without further ado, here's the current herd.

Shady ~ my black Paint mare, coming 7 this year... I'm attempting dressage with her but really don't know what I am doing, to both of our eternal frustration. And amusement

Whinney ~ chestnut Arabian. Actually belongs to my mother, but I am the only one who rides her right now... very sporatically I might add. Usually no more then once a month. She's 13

Kestrel ~ my grey gelding, and problem child. Another Arab, he's coming 8 and is so far behind Shady in training its scary. I blame his former owner who did a hack job on his early training and spun his mind out. I'd like to ride him in endurance, but that'll have to wait till he calms down

then there's Cricket a shetland cross pony who's probably about 20, but that age is just a guess as the people who gave her to us didn't know either. She's just the family 'lawn ornament'

MD Angels

Very nice! *sigh* I miss riding!

0morrokh

You have the cutest horses. Kestrel looks spunky...I love his expression in that pic, reminds me of the pony I ride

bassbonediva

Imma come steal Kestrel, k? He reminds me so much of my Dakota man. :'(

Shine

lol--'spunky' doesn't even begin to describe his energy levels! Although... after the winter being overfed by my father he needs a diet and exercise program in a bad way. My dad thinks he's in perfect shape... I on the other hand, think he's verging on obese... *sigh* My spring project, as soon as the snow finishes melting, and the resulting bog dries up

I was out to see him the other day, and he was acting 'alien-like' and decided that he had forgotten who I was. He ran off and peered down at me from atop his 'snow-hill' (bobcat left a 10foot pile in the middle of the corral). He got over that once he was in his stall... Weirdo! I love him though

Diva: isn't Dakota a bay? I hear you though, so sad how that all turned out...

Amanda

I wish I could afford my own horses

bassbonediva

Shine said:
lol--'spunky' doesn't even begin to describe his energy levels! Although... after the winter being overfed by my father he needs a diet and exercise program in a bad way. My dad thinks he's in perfect shape... I on the other hand, think he's verging on obese... *sigh* My spring project, as soon as the snow finishes melting, and the resulting bog dries up

I was out to see him the other day, and he was acting 'alien-like' and decided that he had forgotten who I was. He ran off and peered down at me from atop his 'snow-hill' (bobcat left a 10foot pile in the middle of the corral). He got over that once he was in his stall... Weirdo! I love him though

Diva: isn't Dakota a bay? I hear you though, so sad how that all turned out...
Yes, Dakota is a bay, but just Kestrel's build and the look in his eye in that pic remind me of Dakota. And what you described Kestrel doing when you went to see him the other day sounds EXACTLY like Dakota when he was turned out (especially when he got turned out in the big arena before they fixed it).

konstargirl

Aww! Very pretty horses.

Shine

Since you have been so good with sharing your adventures with Aires, Diva I thought I would reciprocate.... well, somewhat. I'm not picture happy the way you are

This is the first pic I have had taken riding Kestrel this year. Our first trip out into the field--ever! The first 5-10 mins were especially entertaining, as I hadn't rode him for almost 2 weeks. I've been waiting for that field to be cut since Spring! He was somewhat chargey, and racy... as I'm sure you can tell from the pic. Not listening too well, about speed or pacing, but was listening to direction at least. Mostly. Cantering in a straight line, with all that space was a bit too much for him

Latest threads

Top Bottom