My Ponds

Gypsy13
I tried to get pics of my water lily, Louisiana iris, momma’s carnation (finally allowed to bloom). Your job should you choose to accept it is to tell me what they look like.

Attachments

• 458BD0FA-73D0-4369-B1AA-C4E1B1E78195.jpeg
    458BD0FA-73D0-4369-B1AA-C4E1B1E78195.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 110
  • 7E7501C4-9107-48C0-A4EF-9269BB844914.jpeg
    7E7501C4-9107-48C0-A4EF-9269BB844914.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 116
  • B8E88EB7-2EB4-4636-A047-6D23472CD4E9.jpeg
    B8E88EB7-2EB4-4636-A047-6D23472CD4E9.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 123
midna
they're beautiful! and if it wasn't one in the morning, i'd totally describe them to you. the iris is my favourite.

Gypsy13
they're beautiful! and if it wasn't one in the morning, i'd totally describe them to you. the iris is my favourite.

Well, later is good. I’m taking drugs tonight. I’m too tired. Need more than a twenty minute nap.

Discus-Tang
Well, later is good. I’m taking drugs tonight. I’m too tired. Need more than a twenty minute nap.
I hope they're legal ones...

Since it's not so late for me I'll describe them:

1: Very red with complex leaves.
2:Red, gradient to yellow towards the centre. Some pollen sticks (what are they called?) sticking out of the middle.
3: A red rose, but spiky.

Rtessy
They're lovely.
1. Stunning red color, very deep and rich, the petals look like they overlap and are all curled and uncurled, haha the best word I can think of is "floofy" and they have small spiked looking edges.
2. Also a stunning deep red, but with very slight purple undertones. Six long, somewhat pointed petals, with a yellow interior that looks like a six pointed star reaching out into each petal. The very center of the star is more lime green that fades to yellow and slowly fades away to the deep red. The pistil is almost three times the length of a stamen, and covered in pollen. There's also dew drops all over the flower, it looks very pretty.
3. This one is very pink, but a calm pink, almost a mix of pink and tan. There look to be five main rows of petals, the most inner one has curved petals, facing somewhat inward to protect the pollen. The rest of the petals get longer and more spiked at the end. The petals spiral down row after row, and the row after each one fills in the gaps left by the row before them, so that every other row are pointed in the same direction. The second and fourth rows have petals in the same direction, and the first, third and fifth have petals in the same direction. It's a very beautiful flower, and I've actually not seen it before. I like the first one because of it's red, and it looks like the ruffles on a very elaborate dress. The second one makes me think of Hawaii.

Gypsy13
Since it's not so late for me I'll describe them:

1: Very red with complex leaves.
2:Red, gradient to yellow towards the centre. Some pollen sticks (what are they called?) sticking out of the middle.
3: A red rose, but spiky.

Stamens?

They're lovely.
1. Stunning red color, very deep and rich, the petals look like they overlap and are all curled and uncurled, haha the best word I can think of is "floofy" and they have small spiked looking edges.
2. Also a stunning deep red, but with very slight purple undertones. Six long, somewhat pointed petals, with a yellow interior that looks like a six pointed star reaching out into each petal. The very center of the star is more lime green that fades to yellow and slowly fades away to the deep red. The pistil is almost three times the length of a stamen, and covered in pollen. There's also dew drops all over the flower, it looks very pretty.
3. This one is very pink, but a calm pink, almost a mix of pink and tan. There look to be five main rows of petals, the most inner one has curved petals, facing somewhat inward to protect the pollen. The rest of the petals get longer and more spiked at the end. The petals spiral down row after row, and the row after each one fills in the gaps left by the row before them, so that every other row are pointed in the same direction. The second and fourth rows have petals in the same direction, and the first, third and fifth have petals in the same direction. It's a very beautiful flower, and I've actually not seen it before. I like the first one because of it's red, and it looks like the ruffles on a very elaborate dress. The second one makes me think of Hawaii.

Wow. I need you here when I’m listening to a movie! Thank you.
One must be momma’s carnation. I’ve been trying to get it to bloom since 2013 when she passed. Two is the Louisiana iris. Three is the water lily. I had no idea which one I saved. I was hoping for the cream with burgundy edges. Gotta love goldfish.

Aquilist
Please forgive me for asking, I'm new here. Do you have a vision disorder?

Gypsy13
Please forgive me for asking, I'm new here. Do you have a vision disorder?

Well hello. Another Aussie! G’day mate! Australia is my very favorite place.
And yes, I’m blind. I’m also slow answering posts. It’s funny I’ll be listening to SirI read everything then try to dictate what I want to say. By the time I’m done, there could be five posts already.
And welcome to the forum. Jump in any time.

Aquilist
Well hello. Another Aussie! G’day mate! Australia is my very favorite place.
And yes, I’m blind. I’m also slow answering posts. It’s funny I’ll be listening to SirI read everything then try to dictate what I want to say. By the time I’m done, there could be five posts already.
And welcome to the forum. Jump in any time.
Wow. I have enough trouble with SirI as it is, I'd never have the patience to dictate to it. That's really admirable.
I noticed some of your painting in the "Who else likes to paint?" thread. They're amazing!
Is it possible you could get a full photo of your pond? I'm currently planning a pond and am looking for some inspiration/examples.
Thanks!

Gypsy13
Wow. I have enough trouble with SirI as it is, I'd never have the patience to dictate to it. That's really admirable.
I noticed some of your painting in the "Who else likes to paint?" thread. They're amazing!
Is it possible you could get a full photo of your pond? I'm currently planning a pond and am looking for some inspiration/examples.
Thanks!

I can try but it is in the “gotta make it bigger” and I’ll try to get the pic before I start yanking out the parrots feather this am. Then after. You’ll see how much this stuff grows in a week.
Thank you for liking my paintings. Hubby said I need to get the wharf off the floor and hang it somewhere. Lol.
And I’ll tell you my plans for completion of the pond. I’ve truly got to rehome some fish.

Gypsy13

99254996-EFC1-4AC7-9687-44C2ACD4B850.jpeg
Hubby says he finally caught a picture of one of our shadows. They’re solid black and they don’t come too close to the surface very often. We do have a few black/reds but the solid black ones are extremely shy!

6CE58F00-55D2-464B-94F9-0F10F1A67821.jpeg
Look what my mysteries did!

Discus-Tang
View attachment 467882
Hubby says he finally caught a picture of one of our shadows. They’re solid black and they don’t come too close to the surface very often. We do have a few black/reds but the solid black ones are extremely shy!
View attachment 467883
So they were busy last night

Gypsy13
So they were busy last night

Very. I’m surprised. They’re just babies! Must be happy babies!

Rtessy
Nice! And that egg clutch looks like it's been there a few days too, I'd guess 4-6.
And I see the shadows, well one at least. I honestly didn't know commons would stay all black, I thought they de-melanized

Goldiemom
View attachment 467882
View attachment 467883
Busy snail and I love the black goldie!

Gypsy13
One comet I bought is solid red with black fins. I didn’t expect the black to follow the patterns it has. I’m hoping to gently net one of the blacks to get a good pic.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wendigoblue
Replies
Views
sunnycal
Replies
Views
BPSabelhaus
Replies
Views