Reaction score
these are pix of my pleco, upside down feel free 2 reply whenever!! enjoy ;D

1.it's upside down!
2.i'm so pretty!
3.you can't see me.i'm invisible!!!

Jimold

Well Known
Reaction score
mine hides in the bowl I have in my tank (there's a pic of it in the picture section somewhere)... he's VERY shy, and more than a bit crazy if you turn the lights on when he's out!

OP
Mollygurl

Mollygurl

Reaction score
leafgirl115- I think he's about 3"
jim- my goes berserk if I turn on the lights. he races around the tank, banging into stuff. he tore up some plastic plants when I turned on the light when he was "sunning" on his cave! LOL
more pix:
1. I c u, can u c me?!
2. i'm gonna get u!!!
3. save me, uncle U.D!! (LOL )

leafgirl115

Reaction score
myn used to do that. Hes gothen really big now... ill have to get rid of him soon.

But now my tanks plants have covered the entire tank so hes got lots of cover.

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love the pcitures. What kind of a pleco is he? Where did you get that slate and stones?

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Very nice! If you give him more hiding places, you might get to see him more. It will make him feel more secure.

OP
Mollygurl

Mollygurl

Reaction score
uspide down is a common pleco, and I got the stones @ my house(I know I know, not a good idea, but I haven't had trouble w/ them) I don't think I have any slate. my dad does, but he is VERY protective of it. he is very attached 2 it, and wants it 4 his tank(that is empty right now : ) I did manage 2 talk him out of the 15-16 year old plants though!! LOL as soon as I move my tank this saturday, I will try 2 make UD more hiding places.

leafgirl115

Reaction score
Well I was just in my LFS and they have a special on. You can bring in your big pelico over 6" and they will give you another one. I'm thinking of taking them up on it.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Your tank looks so clean! Well done, MollyGurl. Love what you did with the rocks, and it seems the pleco agrees. Hilarious how he likes the stones: top, left, upside down, ... Am going to steal your idea I think. My plecos will love it.

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
armadillo said:
Your tank looks so clean! Well done, MollyGurl. Love what you did with the rocks, and it seems the pleco agrees. Hilarious how he likes the stones: top, left, upside down, ... Am going to steal your idea I think. My plecos will love it.
Just be careful to place the rocks so that the fish can't get trapped or smashed if they fall.

OP
Mollygurl

Mollygurl

Reaction score
leafgirl115- yup. I just went out and picked up rocks that were pretty and would work 4 caves.
Armadillo- thanx! my tank isn't really the greatest tank ever, but it seems to work.
Gunnie- thanx. I had that problem b4. I had this really cool rock in my tank, leaning against the corner. it looked like a finger/arrowhead. somehow one of my molly fry squeezed behind it, and when she finally got loose, it looked like she cut herself.I took the rock out immediatly.

the pic is of UD enjoying his cucumber. had 2 stick it on a fork 2 make it sink!LOL

New Threads