my PLECO needs help

oscar

Reaction score
I had my pleco for almost two years now. I recently purchased to jack dempsy and this morning when i turned on the tank light i noticed that my pleco was upside down but still breathing. I taped him and quickly moved to the side of the tank but in less then a minute he floats to the surface again. I noticed that his body has beedn attack, he has red spots as if they have been trying to bite him. he is not in good shape. So i transferred him into another tank where there are only guppys. I know that the Jack dempsy are the cause of this cause a few days ago I saw them attacking the Pleco but never thought they would do this much to him. Please help. can anyone tell me what to do to help him recover.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If he's still alive , keep his water extremely clean. Watch for any fungus or infection of the bites. He should pretty well armored so hes probable bruisded up pretty bad or hurt inside. Just keep a watch on him. wait a day and see if he's ready for something to eat.
Carol

oscar

Reaction score
thank you Carol. Im at work right now but when i get home i will check on him. i will make sure to keep his water clean and i will check for infections. thank you for you help. i will post again to let you know how he is doing. thanks again

oscar

Reaction score
i will no longer need help with my pleco. Unfortunately he did not make his traumatic beating he received from the Jack dempsy. but thanks for the help

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom