my platy is pregnant

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

she also has white spot!!! due to me not noticing in the store and 2 an idiot of a shop assistant in gt's in belfast luke said 2 him 2 medium sized platies and he didnt like bein told what 2do! :mad: :mad: she looks very big and i dont have a clue when the babies will b due anythin i should watch out 4 ?? will the fry b ok with her havin white spot? white spot sucks got this king british treatment not the interpet 1 which i was told was rubbish

2. joe Member Member

you should look for a gravid spot which is right were the anus is. It is a black spot, thats the frys eyeballs.

3. Craig Well Known Member Member

i was unprepared woke up on sunday mornin and the fry were swimmin about but my golden gourami eat them all b4 i had a chance 2 get any of tem then the mother died a day later so i havent had a great week of it with my fish

4. Jason Well Known Member Member

Bad Luck-Feel sorry for U

5. Craig Well Known Member Member

i found 1 platy fry swimmin around the bottom of my tank this mornin it has grown loads and looks really healthy i cant believe its survived in there 4 so long its probably been hidin in my huge gravel rocks its strong as well as it swims away from the other fish really really fast!!! i really am in shock

6. Jason Well Known Member Member

At least one survived I had like 40 swordtail babies which all died within a week and I put them in one of those seperate container things that float near the top of the tank, so they didnt get attacked just died

7. Craig Well Known Member Member

my platy fry is still goin strong in my main tank its big enough now that the other fish cant eat it its a class wee thing though im well pleased it survived the mother died as u may hav read

8. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Aww Craig I'm glad one good thing came out of such an awful thing... poor little fry with no mummy :'(

9. Craig Well Known Member Member

lol my platy fry is still goin very strong hes comin up now and eatin the flakes

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thats cool!! What color is it.
    Carol

11. Craig Well Known Member Member

bright orange with a wee black tail its a mickey mouse platy

12. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

oh cute! :D

13. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Same as mine then ;D

14. joe Member Member

thats kinda what happened to me my sailfin molly was fat. then it was skinny and i didnt see any babies for 2 weeks but then saw 1 and while trying to get it out found some more.

15. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thats frequently how it happens. Wasn't it a pleasant surprise?
    Carol