my platy is poorly

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinny64

Reaction score
help my platy is poorly and i dont know what it is i have alredy lost 2 in the last week the fish is at the top of the water gasping and its stomach has sunken in and it is lathergic can anyone please give me some advice

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
unfortunately, that sounds like fish TB and would need treated with kanaplex. If you're in the UK, Interpet #9 is similiar if you can't find kanaplex. Did the other 2 die of the same thing?

There's a chance it could be ulcers or tumors. If it's ulcers, Maracyn Plus or Melafix might help him out.

Do you have a picture of him that you could post?

skinny64

Reaction score
sadly we lost it at dinner time the other fish we lost did look like it it was raggy and its stomach hade also sunken in the other one we found dead on the filter so i dont know can my othe fish get it if it is tb i have tetras corys and a red tail shark

skinny64

Reaction score
could anyone tell me if i need to treat my other fish if my platy had fish tb i dont want to leave them and then catch it i would be grateful if anyone could give me advice thanks

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It would be a judgement call.. fish TB is overall not supposed to be very contagious and even kanaplex is a longshot in treating it, it's almost 100% fatal. You could treat the fish with kanaplex but it would be hard on their systems and they may not have fish TB.

Did the fish that died all come from the same source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom