My Planted Tanks.. LOTS of photos!

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by slimeneo, Dec 6, 2012.

1. slimeneo

slimeneoValued MemberMember

Here's some pictures of my tanks :) The 5.5 is still cycling, so it's empty right now (except for the plants and coconut). Most of the pictures are of my 10 gal :)

Does anyone know what plant this is? It's the one in the middle with long green leaves, but the new ones are starting to turn gray/purple.

Don't know what this plant is either, the new leaves are slightly red :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

here are the cutest babies :)

Here's a picture of the babies soon-to-be home (once it's cycled)

Hope you liked it!! Thanks for looking :)

3. TheFishAddictValued MemberMember

Looks really nice!:)

4. chevyguy8893Well Known MemberMember

Nice tanks:happy0034:, thanks for posting them :). The plant you described as "slightly red" appears to be hygrophila lacustris. I am not sure about the other one, it looks like another hygrophilia species.

5. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

Thanks!! :) They're both growing really fast. I just got them a couple of weeks ago :)

6. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

Beautiful!

7. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Nice plants. My guess for that plant would be Hygrophila Angustifolia

8. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

My tank looks a lot different now:

I have way too many aponogetons.. I think I'll probably give a few away.
    Any suggestions about the scape are welcome! I think it looks a bit messy >< Probably because I have too many plants...

Baby tank is a bit messy too haha.

Thanks for looking!

9. fishlover123456New MemberMember

your tanks are amazing i love all the plants and decos have fun with your babies hope everything turns out well

10. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

Thanks so much! The coconut shell took awhile to cut, haha.

11. wolverinedValued MemberMember

Cool tanks and awesome plants. To me I'd ad a more natural substrate in your 10g. Like a light beach color to go with the cocoanut hut. IMO the blue is a bit of distraction to the plants. are you using co2 or anything

12. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

Thanks. Yeah I was going to switch out for the same color gravel as the 5.5 gal but I'm too lazy to take everything out. I'm not using co2 for the 10 gal but I am for the 5.5 gal. I might start co2 in 10 gal later. Not sure. (too lazy again LOL)

13. wolverinedValued MemberMember

Ha I know the feeling. I like the substrate in the smaller tank. Are you doing a diy co2 in the small tank?

14. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

Yeah, co2 in the small tank. you can't see it in the pictures because I just set it up recently :)

I really wish the was a quicker (and easier) way to change substrates. Plus I'm sure my parents would not be happy if I did because then I'd have wasted the blue gravel. Ah well. Maybe if I ever upgrade my 10 gal to something bigger, I'll be changing the substrate. BUT that's way into the future, seeing as I'm going to college in 2 years. My parents would not be glad to take care of the tank(s) haha.

15. wolverinedValued MemberMember

Yea unfortunately there is no swipe the table cloth trick for taking out and putting new substrate in. but luckily its just a ten gal and not a 110 gal. cause than your talking about a whole lot of work to change that out.

16. JustKeepSwimming

JustKeepSwimmingWell Known MemberMember

The easiest way to remove and replace substrate I've found is to buy one of those scoops for dog food. Works like a charm.

17. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

Thanks for the tip :) I might change it out in the summer when I have more time. It already takes hours for me to do my weekly water changes. Changing out substrate just might take the whole day!! LOL.

18. josh11551

josh11551Well Known MemberMember

What are you using to transfer water? A bottle cap? :;laughing

19. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

LOL no, it's not the actual water change that takes hours, it's the trimming of plants, rearranging plants... etc... that takes most of the time.

20. josh11551

josh11551Well Known MemberMember

Oh, okay that makes more sense :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice