55 Gallon Tank My Planted Goldfish Tank

Katestanks02

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This is my goldfish tank. It’s by far my favorite to watch. Currently I have my four girls living in here. There’s Belly (my favorite don’t tell the others), Marshmallow, Bumbles, and Pumpkin. Right now this is their temporary home. There’s a big upgrade coming in the near future to a 150 gallon tank with a 100 gallon sump. It’ll hold these girls and my other three goldfish that are currently in a 100 gallon tub.

I don’t know if I just got lucky or if my rock barrier works but my goldfish haven’t uprooted my plants.
I have vallisneria, crinum calamistratum, and frogbit that they nibble on. The substrate is just a basic sand from Caribsea. There’s an aquaclear 110 and two sponge filters running on this tank. It gets 2 50% water changes a week.

Belly is the calico fantail with an orange and black stripe that’s mainly white, Marshmallow is the other fan tail with more orange and a shorter tail, Bumbles is the bronze Oranda, and Pumpkin is the baby.
My goldfish are my absolute favorites they’re by far the best fish. They have so much personality and are actually quite smart at times.
I have an auto feeder set up on this tank and some of the food was getting stuck on the rim. I was just sitting back watching them and Belly started shooting water at the rim like an archer fish. I couldn’t believe it! I watched her some more and she was knocking the food off the rim into the water. A few weeks later I saw Pumpkin doing it too. They’re much smarter than people give them credit for.

I may be swapping fish around soon so I wanted to get some pictures as it is now. I have a juvenile ranchu that I’ll probably move in with pumpkin and I’m hopefully getting some juvenile butterfly telescopes. So this will become the baby tank and the others will move into the 100 gallon tub.
Then when the big tank is set up I’ll start adding everyone in.

2F0E50CA-FA17-46B7-B43F-DD250E7E7F21.jpeg
0EF85083-E559-42BC-8DDC-26F2FF9C1749.jpeg
912A8DFD-1C6E-4CFB-9DBB-E6D1024CFAC8.jpeg
205D62EA-79C0-4B85-9431-4883616588BD.jpeg
21B3CC0E-90FB-4AD8-AEE0-539D222D3EBB.jpeg
DBB4D343-B11F-45ED-A45F-AFF277F13C1F.jpeg

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Those are some round gorls lol. Too cute! I have comets in an outdoor tub pond...I never had goldfish before but they have quickly become my favorites. They do have so much personality and they're so so friendly

Katestanks02

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Theyre beautiful and i LOVE the tank with all the vals
Thanks! I think Vals are great, they grow in very fast.
Those are some round gorls lol. Too cute! I have comets in an outdoor tub pond...I never had goldfish before but they have quickly become my favorites. They do have so much personality and they're so so friendly
They really are the best. My girls are thick lol. I’d love to have a pond one day with comets.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom