My Planted Betta Tank

Dawn Michele

Hi everyone. This is my 5 gallon planted Betta tank. My first time having plants. I LOVE it.

Best Answer - View julifhy's answer

CoconutTheBetta

Gorgeous tank! Love it! Maybe add a couple more plants? Bettas love planted tanks. I can suggest some if you would like.

Beautiful betta as well! <3

julifhy

CoconutTheBetta said:
Gorgeous tank! Love it! Maybe add a couple more plants? Bettas love planted tanks. I can suggest some if you would like.

I agree and I think floating plants would probably work great in this tank!
Edit:
I forgot to mention, I love the colors on your betta! Does he have a name?

Dawn Michele

julifhy said:
I agree and I think floating plants would probably work great in this tank!
Edit:
I forgot to mention, I love the colors on your betta! Does he have a name?
Hello. Thank you so much. His name is Geordie.

Dawn Michele

CoconutTheBetta said:

Hello. Thank you very much. I would LOVE some suggestions. I didn't want to go crazy since this is my first planted tank.

CoconutTheBetta

Dawn Michele said:
Hi everyone. This is my 5 gallon planted Betta tank. My first time having plants. I LOVE it.
[/QUOT
Lol, sure! One of my favorite plants, that you have probably heard of, is Anubias. (I think you have this in your tank already but I'm not 100% sure) They are extremely hardy and do well with bettas. Anubias also, depending on the type (ex anubias nana), have wide leaves providing Geordie a place to rest if he wishes. They do not need CO2 injections or fertilizer but you can add it in the tank if you want to. The only "downside" to Anubias is the fact they are VERY slow growers. So if you decide to Anubias as a carpeting plant, you would need quite a few.

Another one of my favorites is hornwort. Unlike the anubias, these plants are very fast growers. Given the right conditions, they can grow 5 inches a week making it an invasive plant. Weekly trimming may be needed. One thing I like about hornwort is that it reminds me of vines sort of and my bettas love to swim in between them. You can either bury them in the substrate or leave them floating since they do not have roots. CO2 and fertilizer are not needed but if you add them they grow faster and bushier.

Elodea is another plant I like to keep in my tanks. They can be buried in the substrate or left floating. It's up to you. In my experience, they grow at a moderately to high rate but it seems like every time I look at my tanks I see new growth lol. The propagation process for these isn't hard as they tend to propagate themselves by braking off their "branches".

I also recommend are cryptocorynes. I just recently bought mine so I have no personal experience things to share about them. Depending on what species you get the care varies so I would research and see which plants suit your aquarium.

Lastly, plants that I've heard are good but never tried is Java Fern, Java Moss, & Bulb Plants.

Bulb plants are basically seeds that you put in your aquarium and watch grow. They are generally cheaper then pre-grown plants and come in packs of 4 or 5.

And that's about it. Hope this helped

JJ3204

Java ferns are very easy to take care of. I use to have them without fertilizers and they did very well. They also propagate very quickly.

Dawn Michele

H
CoconutTheBetta said:
Lol, sure! One of my favorite plants, that you have probably heard of, is Anubias. (I think you have this in your tank already but I'm not 100% sure) They are extremely hardy and do well with bettas. Anubias also, depending on the type (ex anubias nana), have wide leaves providing Geordie a place to rest if he wishes. They do not need CO2 injections or fertilizer but you can add it in the tank if you want to. The only "downside" to Anubias is the fact they are VERY slow growers. So if you decide to Anubias as a carpeting plant, you would need quite a few.

Another one of my favorites is hornwort. Unlike the anubias, these plants are very fast growers. Given the right conditions, they can grow 5 inches a week making it an invasive plant. Weekly trimming may be needed. One thing I like about hornwort is that it reminds me of vines sort of and my bettas love to swim in between them. You can either bury them in the substrate or leave them floating since they do not have roots. CO2 and fertilizer are not needed but if you add them they grow faster and bushier.

Elodea is another plant I like to keep in my tanks. They can be buried in the substrate or left floating. It's up to you. In my experience, they grow at a moderately to high rate but it seems like every time I look at my tanks I see new growth lol. The propagation process for these isn't hard as they tend to propagate themselves by braking off their "branches".

I also recommend are cryptocorynes. I just recently bought mine so I have no personal experience things to share about them. Depending on what species you get the care varies so I would research and see which plants suit your aquarium.

Lastly, plants that I've heard are good but never tried is Java Fern, Java Moss, & Bulb Plants.

Bulb plants are basically seeds that you put in your aquarium and watch grow. They are generally cheaper then pre-grown plants and come in packs of 4 or 5.

And that's about it. Hope this helped
Hello. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate all the FANTASTIC information.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom