My Pics

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have so enjoyed everyone's pics, thought it was time to add some of mine. Not the greatest pics, I'd love some picture taking tips, I did these without the flash on but they look dark-not good pics of the gravel/ but the greatest fish!!!
19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Here's what is in each tank:
55:
4 serpae tetras
4 bleeding heart tetras
1 dwarf gourami
4 danios
4 panda cories
3 adolpho cories
1 golden mystery snail
1 snowball pleco
2 glass catfish
2 lone neons-rescued from an almost toilet flush-will add a few more after vacation!
37:
2 female convict cichlids-little beasts
29:
6 white skirted tetras
2 long finned black skirted tetras
2 peppered cories
4 pristella tetra
1 clown pleco
1 golden mystery snail
2 ottocinclus
5 gallon:
1 betta-
1 golden mystery snails
Seems I have alot of snails-I find them very, very amusing to watch!!!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Great pics. I realy like the way you have decorated the tanks. I like the fish as well, I'm sure they are realy happy to have such a nice home. ;D

In the 8th picture what is the name of that little plant at the front of the tank? I'm thinking of getting some plants and was just wondering what that one is called.

Thanks

Gwenz

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow! Your tank looks great! I love the driftwood! Next time you want to post pictures, copy and paste the Img instead of the Url under your picture on photobucket. That will allow your picture to show up here like this one:

8.jpg

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are absolutely lovely pictures of the fish and of the drifwood. I love the driftwood that looks like a little dog in the tank. You also have a most gorgeous Betta. He looks very happy.

Rose

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
You know, I would love to add a couple clowns but would it overstock my 55 gallon? Most of the fish I have in the tank are small and remain small. I wait anxiously for some replies!!!

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
i dont actully know the size of most of your fish in there smillermom.. but if you add up the size of all your fish (in inches) then you will know if it is overstocked or not..i noticed you have 7 cories. these fish stay on the bottom of the tank so they would be sharing the space with the clowns..the rest of your fish wouldnt really get in the way of the clowns as clowns rarely go any higher than half way up the tank and stick mainly to the bottom..you can say bye bye to your mystery snail too if you put clowns in there.. :-\ (clown loaches luv to eat snails)..but that could be moved to any 1 of your other tanks easily enough..personaly i think you could get maybe 2 maximum 3 clowns in your 55G..  ;D but i would wait and see what one of the more experienced members say(like gunnie or butterfly)..i know they would get along with all the fish you have listed,as clowns are really friendly and would get along with allmost any fishies..but you dont want to get just 1 clown..clown loaches luv the company of there own kind,and most entertainment will come from the clowns interacting with each other..  ;D ..(as well as the other fish)..good luck anyway and if you do get some it would be great if you could post some pics..baby clowns are so cute..

hopfully you will get a reply from somone else that can give you a better idea as to how much more room you have in your tank..hope this helps also.

again good luck  ;D  ;D

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I am too soft hearted. I had an Oscar growing up and when I had to start feeding feeders, that was it for me. I also combined 2 tanks into one. I love the busy movement in the tank. I have a 38 with 2 convicts, they are big enough for me!!!

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just moved all my tanks into my livingroom so I could enjoy them more. I will take more pics and post as now I can zoom in better. Any suggestions of the best ways to film fish?????

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would go into the Gallery and look at the pictures that others have taken and when you see someone's pictures that you really like, PM them and ask them what they do to get their pictures to look like that. Everyone has little quirks that they do without thinking sometimes and most folks will be glad to share and be flattered that you think enough of their work to ask.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom