My parrots laid eggs!!!

• Thread starter NMfishman
  • Start date

NMfishman

Well Known
I gues its not too uncommon for them to lay eggss, but I only have two and I purchased them not even 72 hours ago from the store! That is what I think is incredible! I guess maybe they were already a pair at the store or something. unfortunately about 70% or so of the eggs have turned white but there are still about 50-70 eggs that are a greyish color, so could those still potentially hatch or will they turn white as well? I know most are not fertile but I have been hearing that lately more and more are being fertile and have fry.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Well, that certainly must be exciting! I haven't heard anything about their eggs becoming more viable lately. Ken will see your post, I'm sure, and he would know. He's the Bloody Parrot King around these parts.....

steve(redlakefalls,mn)

congrats on the eggs,my bloody parrots have layed a lot of eggs in the past,no luck on a hatch tho,hope yours does something.

ayelie

Well Known
Good luck, hope you have lots of babies

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Good morning,

Congrats on the eggs! I have seen information that some males may be fertile and eggs have hatched on rare occasions. I haven't had any luck personally though but I've had tons of eggs. As long as the eggs aren't white, there is a chance.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Please keep us posted.

Ken

Top Bottom