40 Gallon Tank My Panda Corydora's must have spawned

Kuhli-Loach-Lover
Got up this morning and turned the lights on in my tank and saw a tiny baby panda corydora.

My question is will it survive on it's own or should I try and catch it and put it in a breeding net?

Also do Bolivian Rams adopt babys? As my Bolivian Ram is almost looking after this baby by chasing the other fish away from where it is hiding.

Cheers for the read,
Ben

Advertisement
aquaticat
Congrats!! I LOVE baby cories

I would move it out of the main tank and into a net or box, but if its survived this far you might be able to leave it and it survive. As far as the ram "adopting" it goes, I've never heard of any fish doing this, but if your ram indeed is "guarding" the baby, that's pretty neat

Good luck with the little guy! (Or girl ;D)

Advertisement
Kuhli-Loach-Lover
Thanks I'm pretty stoked about it.

I would move it into my breeding net but I can't catch him/her now. He/she is to fast to catch...lol

Anyway I've found 4 more eggs on my Java Fern.

How do I tell if they will hatch?

mrHDpants
Also do Bolivian Rams adopt babys? As my Bolivian Ram is almost looking after this baby by chasing the other fish away from where it is hiding.

This is too cute for words.

stillmefromtheotherworld
That is adorable. But if several rams spawn at the same time, the females will look after anyone else's fry just like her own.
Congrats on the fry!

Lyfeoffishing

Cheers for the read,
Ben

That is super cute!!! Any possible chance of pics of this behavior?

Also I believe that if he has lasted this long he will last until adult hood. And the ram should keep him/her safe. Maybe possible life long friends when it grows up. That will be cute!!!

Also although it is rare to see one fish spieces to "adopt" another it has been seen throughout the world. I read about a group of dolphin that saved and adopted a baby whale from a shark attack in Southern California

Fishwiz
I have had fish guard or adopt fish as my german blue ram started to defend my newborn baby guppys. Good luck on keeping them healthy and for a long time.

Lyfeoffishing
Sorry to hijack but fishwiz I absolutely love that pic under your name!!!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
8wolff
Replies
Views
Katie Dawn
Replies
Views