My Panda Cories had babies!

jinnix

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Today my fiancé and I found four teeny tiny panda cories in our tank! They're so cute and so small! At max they're half an inch long. We weren't trying to breed them, but apparently the miracle of life can't be stopped. However, our tank is only a 20gl and this brings our number of cories to 11! We have seven adults and four ittybittys. I'm guessing there's no way we can keep all of them? I hate to give them away. If we were to keep them all, how big of a tank do you think we might need? We also have a 5g for a future betta that we could move a few into, but I think that's too small for them. Thoughts? Advice? I'm trying to come up with options. Right now they're so little that I'm not worried about it, I'm just so excited! Thank you!

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congrats on your new baby pandas. That is exciting. They are fine for now. What other fish are in the tank with the Pandas? Alison

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats on the babies! Cory fry are adorable.
I think you'd be ok keeping them in a 20 long since it has a good size foot print.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes I'd agree with Lucy, they'll be fine where they are as long as the rest of your stocking allows it, I always find it hard moving on the fry I've raised too.
The only problem I can see is if they're spawning regularly which pandas do then you're gong to see more fry popping up from time to time & have the same dilemma about parting with them.

TikiBird

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
jinnix said:
We've got seven danios, 10 harlequin rasboras, and six horned nerite snails in the tank with them. They're smaller than our snails! Thank you so much!! I don't know why I'm so excited and happy about it haha
Congratulations on your new additions!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom