my oscars

Tinkersfishfamily

Reaction score
I have a 200 gallon tank with 1 normal black and red oscar in and 1 albino catfish so I purchased a albino oscar she suddenly seem to be looking slow but most the time she looks ok shes eating and the 2 oscars are getting along although I have only had the albino oscar for 48 hrs is it normal for the oscar to hide and slow down and stay in the corners as when I got the first oscar he was lively all the time I also know that oscars have different personalities I just want to check as if shes ill I can help her can ne one help me

Bevis

Reaction score
Hi. I have a one year old oscar and I got a baby albino oscar about a week ago. They get along great but the baby also likes to hang out in the corner. I think it just might not be all that comfortable yet because I have two other little fish who like to chase it around. I hope both of our new ones are just a little shy. Good luck

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
I think that's pretty normal. Keep an eye out though on aggressive behavior. Oscars can be quite grumpy and territorial, and if there is much of a size difference, the 1st oscar will probably be a bully.

IheartmyOscars

Reaction score
my oscars huddle together in the corner with the pleco during anything stressful, like water changes. when I introduced them to the new tank, it took quite a while for them to leave the corner. I think they just need to feel safe before they'll really start moving around.

New Threads