Help My Oscar is dying

Naved16

Reaction score
IMG-20200708-WA0031.jpg

I got two Oscars day before yesterday, while one of them doing fine as of now. This one wasn't doing very good, the store owner said it's nothing to worry about.

Is this Skin Ulcer if yes then how can we treat it. I think my other one is starting to develop it too. Please help!

Fisharefriends112

Reaction score
Naved16 said:
IMG-20200708-WA0031.jpg

I got two Oscars day before yesterday, while one of them doing fine as of now. This one wasn't doing very good, the store owner said it's nothing to worry about.

Is this Skin Ulcer if yes then how can we treat it. I think my other one is starting to develop it too. Please help!
Never had Oscars but my Betta had one similar and I got some anti-bacterial liquid from my LFS.

I did also learn adding some salt per litre of water will help. Not sure if this works, as I went the anti-bacterial method. But basically your fish should heal itself. Your fish just needs some help preventing any more bacteria entering the ulcer. If left untreated, the fish will probably get worse and we all know how that ends up.

Oh! Just before I forget, the anti-bacterial formula gets effected by activated carbon in your filter, I believe. Double check this though!

Hope this helps!

Jeroen712

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Just keep in mind that oscars have moods. Some oscars lay on their side pretending to be dead just so you put some food in the tank. Maybe this is completely unrelated but yeah, just incase you ever see a healthy Oscar on his side.

Pridedcloth3

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oscars have a really bad habit of sulking when they don't like something. Chances are it's just not used to the new settings and is just throwing a fit. I had one that would do the same, lay on its side and turn from copper to pale if I moved it to a different tank. Get used to miss swings almost anything can set them off. If you're worried about that mark that does look odd just add some melafix daily. They are tough fish though my old one again got into a losing battle with a red devil where her got destroyed but healed great on its own. Again get used to miss swings.

OP
Naved16

Naved16

Reaction score
Pridedcloth3 said:
Oscars have a really bad habit of sulking when they don't like something. Chances are it's just not used to the new settings and is just throwing a fit. I had one that would do the same, lay on its side and turn from copper to pale if I moved it to a different tank. Get used to miss swings almost anything can set them off. If you're worried about that mark that does look odd just add some melafix daily. They are tough fish though my old one again got into a losing battle with a red devil where her got destroyed but healed great on its own. Again get used to miss swings.
Thank you, we've been already treating it in Melafix for the last 3 days, it has stopped eating and just lays on its side.

I don't think we can do anything at this point but wait, so we'll see what happens hopefully it'll be fine.

Pridedcloth3

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Naved16 said:
Thank you, we've been already treating it in Melafix for the last 3 days, it has stopped eating and just lays on its side.

I don't think we can do anything at this point but wait, so we'll see what happens hopefully it'll be fine.
How's it doing now? Sometimes they can be fussy still hoping for the best for your little guy.

OP
Naved16

Naved16

Reaction score
Pridedcloth3 said:
How's it doing now? Sometimes they can be fussy still hoping for the best for your little guy.
Thanks for asking but it passed away the same evening, it's partner is doing wonderful though.

Pridedcloth3

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Naved16 said:
Thanks for asking but it passed away the same evening, it's partner is doing wonderful though.
Sorry to hear that. Man that sucks

New Threads