2 75 emperor filters
1 5" albino oscar
2 5" plecos 3 3-4"plecos
3 3" jack dempseys
3 3-5" red belly pacus
2 2" tinfoil barbs
1 2" green terror
too much?

Yes wayyyyy too much, pacus grow sometimes over 2', tinfoil barbs get about 1' I think, if those are common plecos easily 1' or more each, dempseys around 8" green terror I don't know. Not sure on compatibility either but are you going to get larger tanks for your fish at all, if not then you need to decide what you want to keep and what you have to rehome. sorry to tell you this but other wise your fish will have no room and some of them are too large.

Austin

Peter243243

Reaction score
If you did the 1 inch per gallon thing make sure the tanks are big enough on things that tell you like here on fishlore.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The one inch per gallon rule is ok for smaller fish but for larger fish you need to make sure they have adequate room to swim back and forth and turn around thus the one inch per gallon rule is not right because doing this you could have a pacu in a 55 gallon tank pacu 24-30+"=ok for a 55 gallon tank, but 55 gallon tanks are not 24" deep so it could not turn around and would not have enough room to swim so the one inch per gallon is ok for small fish maybe up to 3 or 4" but much past that it has to go out the window more or less. Hope that helps clarfiy stuff, the inch per gallon rule is a guidline for newere people that have smaller tanks.

Austin

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
yup I know ineed a couple of new tanks I'm looking for a 150 GALLON, and another 55 gallon if I can't find one ill have to take my pacus back to the store or find a beeter home for them... that suxs I ad them since they were 1 inch

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
pacus went back to the store today they gave me 10$credit each.. :'(
and the tinfoils went to my moms 55 gallon tank..

smillermom

Reaction score
Very good!  I have just one concern for your tank.  All you need is 1 algae eater.  What type do you have? 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice looking Oscar
The one inch per gallon rule works really well for small mass fish like neons or danios. But you have to figure adult body size and how messy a fish is. when buying fish we should only buy fish you have room for at the adult size.
Good for you for taking the Pacu back and sending the Tinfoils to your mom. I hate to say it but your still way overstocked, hurry with the new tank
What kind are the plecos? If their commons they can get well over 12 inches. Plecos are also huge waste producers. Just some thoughts.
Carol

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
comon plecos I have, I'm gonna take 2 plecos to my moms and then ill put the dempseys inthere own tank? and leave teh lil green terror with the oscar and some plecs...
thanks for the input ....I'm still sad about my pacus :'( :'(when thye put them in the tank to sell them they were swimming side to side very fast and then they were looking at me like ..."help us " :-\ but they stuck together in the tank they followed eachother around .. :'( :'( :'( :-[

New Threads