MY OSCAR (BART)

giz23mo

Reaction score
HELLO ,
just here to introduce bart, Ill have some pics l8r. hes about 5-6inches and loves to eat and push the thermometer all over the tank hes a bit crowded with his roomates (3 pacus, 2 tinfoils, Dempsey's,1 green terror adopted, and 5 pleco's) I have a 25 gal.cycling(start 11/25/06) for my tinfoils and green terror and I'm looking for another 55 gallon for my pacus or Dempsey's or just might sell or take back to store and give the Oscar his own room...lol

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Bart is beautiful! If you already have the pacus, you will need a much larger tank than 55 gal. These fish are still growing and the tank is over 200 gals:

47.jpg

48.jpg

They are great fish, but they get waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too large for most aquariums!

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
omg those are huge, I need to find a bigger home for my pacus or else there going back to the store or to a new owner....sux

Ironside

Reaction score
You have probably realised by now just how fast Oscars grow. If you can give your ask any more than 55 gallons, keep him on his own. Once your Oscar reaches 10 or 11 inches, it is going to produce a lot of waste and that will mean lots of water changes to keep the nitrate levels down.

You said you have got five plecs? Do you know what sort they are? A lot of plecs can reach over 2 foot long and they also produce a lot of waste. If it is one of the plecs gets big, even one is too big for your 55 gallon tank, let alone five so I should think about finding a new home for them as well.

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
all my plecos are common plecos 2 are about 4-5 inches and 3 are 2-3 inches..my oscar wa 4 inches when I got my pacus they were 1 inch now there about the same time as the oscar...5"

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Jesus Christ (sorry for using Jesus's name if it's offensive to any one, lol) ... Gunnie that fish is HUGE! WOW, this is a GIANT. I've seen Pacus online before but didn't realize they grow that BIG! I think someone called them "Gentle Giants" on Fish Lore ... they're so big and gentle at the same time. I LOVE their face expressions! They look as if they were smiling all the time, LOL! And that smile looks so gentle on their faces! Love these fish

username

Reaction score
I meant the regular tiger oscars which are kind of black with orange stripes.

Callum The Cat

Well Known
Reaction score
Langwarrrin, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Gunnie said:
Bart is beautiful!  If you already have the pacus, you will need a much larger tank than 55 gal.  These fish are still growing and the tank is over 200 gals:

47.jpg

48.jpg

They are great fish, but they get waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too large for most aquariums! 
thosse are some great looking fish I'd love to see more pictures ;D Callum!

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
barts gone...all that's left in my 55 gallon is my mated pair of beautiful dempseys... and there fry are now an inch long are in there own 20,10,10 gallon tanks...

username

Reaction score
giz23mo said:
barts gone...all that's left in my 55 gallon is my mated pair of beautiful dempseys... and there fry are now an inch long are in there own 20,10,10 gallon tanks...
What happened to Bart?

New Threads